Optimized build for the TP-Link C2600 / Netgear R7x00 / Linksys EA8500 / Zyxel Armor Z2

You can change the DNS in the same spot as a normal build, still dnsmasq.

I wondered if this firmware is still being developed. The site for downloading the firmware is down, as far as I can see.

I check in from time to time to see if there's anything interesting in the OpenWrt commit logs, but it's been relatively boring lately. I suppose I should rebase to get the latest security patches and put up some new images somewhere. Will do so when I get the time.

1 Like

@escalade Take a look here KONG ipq806x builds

Just tried your download site, it's down.

same for me (

1 Like

I want to try it also.

1 Like

I was looking to apply the latest update to my router, and am also seeing that @escalade's build site is down as others here have commented. @wesweber reports that the build site server was down/unreachable back in December 2019. Checking out @escalade's github I am seeing no new commits since Feb 25, 2019.

For what it's worth, the server escalade's builds were hosted on = luci.subsignal.org appears to have also hosted LuCI (OpenWrt Configuration Interface project), it's Trac, wiki and other pages - they are all down as well. Reviewing the Wayback Machine, the most recent valid crawl of the luci.subsignal.org server was back in July 2019. Also according to the Wayback Machine, around June 2019 the LuCI pages hosted at the subsignal.org server were giving redirects to github.

Should we be asking if this is still an active project?

I have really enjoyed @escalade's builds and work he put into this! I've been using it for quite some time, and would love to see it continue. For now I will load the main OpenWrt Project build on my router -- as it is much newer (v19.07.1 was released 3 days ago) -- and utilize @escalade's public scripts and modifications from his github. I do hope we hear from @escalade sometime soon. Cheers.

I wanted because of issiue with 19.07.1 . But ı found that they were because of wireless drivers. Default drivers were 10athk90xx-ct after replacing with 10athk90xx it is way better now.

1 Like

Do you have a list of @escalade scripts related for this router?

I will post new images on my gdrive in the near future. My commits should be easy to rebase on latest master.

4 Likes

great news @escalade! I personally am not familiar with the process of taking your github repo commits and "rebase on latest master" but will see if I can figure it out.

In the meantime I've moved your files folder over to a new clone of openwrt, and utilized your profiles/ipq806x as a baseline for a newer kernel config (make defconfig, etc).

does any build for C2600 exist where hw nat is enabled ? could not find any, also not sure if @escalade has built any...have no knoeledge on building openwrt. thanks.

1 Like

Oh, wow, dear Escalade, a gdrive shared folder? Does it exist? And do you still have img and bin for the WNDR3700 v1?
Maybe not anymore...since it's a really old device.
But, could you address me to what is needed to reproduce these two features of your builds?

1. regdomain modifications to transmit at higher power than those miserable 100 mW
  2. overclock to 760Mhz

Those are the two main modifications I'm missing most. I made a stupid error two days ago and had to reset to last official build, but those modifications were soooooo useful to me that...damn, I'm eating my hands for anger.
I even have a folder with your r41683 build, and related packages, but it does not work really well. Can't remember the build I bricked, but it was a more recent one, and improvements were enormous. Again, eatin my hands.

Sorry for the long message, but I profit of the chance as well to show you my respect and faithfullness.
If possible, I'd keep on your builds forever.

As master has now moved to 5.4 I decided it's time to rebase. New builds can be found in the updated download link in first post. I've sysupgraded and it seems to run just fine. Have your failsafe routine ready though.

@bright_plastik

I don't have my old tree available, but you should be able to google around for the kernel patch for wndr3700 OC. For my regdomain changes see here: http://ix.io/2jnq

2 posts were split to a new topic: Zyxel NBG6817 problems flashing OpenWrt

Dear (Arokh)Escalade, I see you're trying to help me, and I truly thank you for this.
So, a brief recap on the last weeks of research:

Yesterday night I was able to configure a r45711, from a forgotten backup of your images. It works marvelous, but memory is full and cannot install new packages.

Now the question:
having this patch
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7169

and this diff
http://ix.io/2jnq

is it possible to apply those modifications to...say...19.07, and make a LuCi ready sysupgrade.bin? It is necessary to have a whole build machine based on linux? Is there a guide I can follow? Unfortunately I'm a total noob at compiling, and have to climb the whole learning curve from zero.

I found this as well:
https://openwrt.org/_media/media/ubiquiti/pakage.zip

It seems very useful to dial the OC on the go (and lower it during summer, for instance), but based on a Ubiquiti router with same cpu. Is it possible to use it on WNDR3700 too?

Sorry for the questions...I can understand if you don't want to answer, but I'm trying to understand and to do something by myself, instead of relaying on someone else's work. The device is old, and chances of finding a light firmware with only OC and regdomain are basically none. I need to be able to install further ipkg, and the available space is TINY!

Thank you very much for your time and patience,
your faithful low-power-user Gabriel

Yes, that's the same OC patch I used. Googling for "compiling openwrt" gives lots of results :wink:

@escalade
Are you working on a 19.07.4 version of this? Or is it easy to port your changes to the latest imagebuilder?

Pretty sure you will run into dependency issues.