Optimized build for the TP-Link C2600 / Netgear R7x00 / Linksys EA8500 / Zyxel Armor Z2

@cascadingstyletrees

That is weird, it does show up for me. I don't think sysupgrading should affect this. You could set it manually in /etc/config/sqm though.

@wired

No it does not. If you know how to make it work, I'll gladly include it.

1 Like

@escalade A user PM'ed me this info for the button/LEDs:
https://github.com/shunjou/openwrt-optimized-archer-c2600/blob/master/files/usr/bin/leds
https://github.com/shunjou/openwrt-optimized-archer-c2600/blob/master/files/etc/rc.button/lights_toggle

I do not have the C2600, but I may get one, maybe.

0 Likes

Thanks, I'll have a look at including it.

BTW you might want to look at getting an R7800 instead, they can be bought used for cheap now.

0 Likes

Thanks. I now have a R7800 that I picked up on the cheap on the used market. Gotta figure out the simplest build for it to run in plain access point mode.

0 Likes

I installed the latest version on my C2600. Works great. One issue though. When I want to login I get a page which says Rosy File Server. In the right bottom part of the page I now have an option for choosing the file server or the administration page. When choosing the administration page I get the option to login and manage my router. The default however is the file server. Is this normal behaviour and if so, can i remove the option for the fileserver?Rosy%20Fileserver

0 Likes

I too experienced same issue as @cascadingstyletrees; I updated to the 20190125 release yesterday (non-glibc) and see that within Luci under SQM QoS I only have the option of choosing "fq_codel" for qdisc... there is no other choice. I verified I too have kmod-sched-cake installed (4.14.95+2019-01-08-331ac70c-1).

As @escalade suggested, I manually configured "/etc/config/sqm":

option qdisc 'cake'
option script 'piece_of_cake.qos'

Upon restarting sqm, I recieved the following error:

OpenWrt:/etc/config# /etc/init.d/sqm restart
SQM: Starting SQM script: piece_of_cake.qos on wlan1, in: 33000 Kbps, out: 5700 Kbps
SQM: ERROR: cmd_wrapper: tc: FAILURE (127): /usr/sbin/tc qdisc replace dev TMP_IFB_4_SQM root cake
SQM: ERROR: cmd_wrapper: tc: LAST ERROR: Error loading shared library libelf.so.1: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/sbin/tc)
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_kind: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_begin: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getsym: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_getdata: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_version: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getshdr: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_getscn: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getehdr: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: gelf_getrel: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_end: symbol not found
Error relocating /usr/sbin/tc: elf_strptr: symbol not found
SQM: ERROR: QDISC cake is NOT useable.
SQM: Starting SQM script: piece_of_cake.qos on wlan2, in: 28000 Kbps, out: 5117 Kbps
SQM: ERROR: cmd_wrapper: tc: FAILURE (127): /usr/sbin/tc qdisc replace dev TMP_IFB_4_SQM root cake
SQM: ERROR: cmd_wrapper: tc: LAST ERROR: Error loading shared library libelf.so.1: No such file or directory (needed by /usr/sbin/tc)
SQM: Starting SQM script: piece_of_cake.qos on wlan3, in: 24000 Kbps, out: 4500 Kbps

The fix for me was to install the package libelf, and restart sqm and all was fine:

OpenWrt:/etc/config# opkg install libelf
Installing libelf1 (0.175-3) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/base/libelf1_0.175-3_arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.ipk
Configuring libelf1.

OpenWrt:/etc/config# /etc/init.d/sqm restart
SQM: Starting SQM script: piece_of_cake.qos on wlan1, in: 33000 Kbps, out: 5700 Kbps
SQM: piece_of_cake.qos was started on wlan1 successfully
SQM: Starting SQM script: piece_of_cake.qos on wlan2, in: 28000 Kbps, out: 5117 Kbps
SQM: piece_of_cake.qos was started on wlan2 successfully
SQM: Starting SQM script: piece_of_cake.qos on wlan3, in: 24000 Kbps, out: 4500 Kbps
SQM: piece_of_cake.qos was started on wlan3 successfully

Now within Luci under SQM QoS, it displays "cake" and "fq_codel" for qdisc in the drop-down box.

0 Likes

A question (wishful thinking) about the C2600. I have been using a C7 with escalade's builds since the OpenWRT days. Great router and firmware. Now I want to upgrade to the C2600. Is there a way to import the router settings from the C7 to the C2600 or is manually setting up the C2600 the only available option?

0 Likes

Hey @escalade

Was browsing through your scripts looking for some hints and tips, and saw
https://github.com/escalade/LEDE/blob/escalade/files/etc/uci-defaults/99-escalade, where you have:

# Set Timezone
set system.@system[0].zonename='Europe/Oslo'
set system.@system[0].timezone='CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3'

...and thought this may be helpful:

## Fetch zonename from Ubuntu's geoip server, then extract the zoneinfo from luci...
ZN=`wget -O - -q http://geoip.ubuntu.com/lookup | sed -n -e 's/.*<TimeZone>\(.*\)<\/TimeZone>.*/\1/p'`
TZ=`grep $ZN /usr/lib/lua/luci/sys/zoneinfo/tzdata.lua | awk '{print $3}'`; TZ=${TZ//\'/}

uci set    system.@system[0].zonename=$ZN      ## e.g. Europe/London
uci set    system.@system[0].timezone=$TZ      ## e.g. GMT0BST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0

uci commit system; /etc/init.d/system reload   ## do a: date -k
#                  /etc/init.d/uhttpd reload   ## is this also required?

The /etc/init.d/system reload effects the changes with needing a reboot.

0 Likes

There are a considerable amount of very device specific configurations in the backup, e.g. for switch/ network configuration, wlan device paths, LED/ GPIO configs, etc. Blindly restoring an config backup from another router would (soft-)brick it - and by the time you're familiar enough with determining which ones can be kept and which need changing, you could have reconfigured it from scratch already.

0 Likes

You can't expect the router to be online during firstboot conditions (think PPPoE needing access credentials, but it might also 'just' take to long for the interface to get a plain DHCP lease for the script to do something useful; then there's also the use case where you need to leave WAN unconnected until configured), you can't rely on external services for these firstboot scripts.

0 Likes

Here is something interesting for the build:

0 Likes

@BIGFAT

I am following that thread, nobody has created a DTS for the C2600 yet. I'll definitely be including this in my builds if it works for the C2600 at some point.

1 Like

20190225:
- rebased on master
- updated glibc to 2.29
- compiled with gcc 8.3.0
- removed luci-app-rosy-file-server which apparently takes over the initial login site
1 Like

does it work with netgear r7800 device?

0 Likes

Yes, it does. You could build for any target, I just provide builds for ipq806x.

0 Likes