OpenWRT Rosy theme Issues

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but have been using openwrt (and sometimes ddwrt) for years on my routers (starting back in 2006 ish on my Linksys WRT54G). A lot has changed since those days, I went back to using OEM firmware on my routers (because lazy) and now I find myself once again installing OpenWRT, this time on my Linksys EA3500.

The install process went well, and I am currently running the latest stable release on the router. The question I have is more about the layout.

I found the rosy theme on github and instantly fell in love with the overall layout. For about 2 hours now, I've been trying to find a way to get it installed on the router. ./scripts/feeds does not exist, a prebuilt ipk for rosy does not exist in the stable packages.

I was able to install an ipk from snapshots, however the layout is definitely not the same. There's a clear lack of something from the files, but from what I can tell, all files referenced in the html are present.

I really don't want to build my own image from source with rosy included in it, just to get a nice theme. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

I would show two images, but i'm a new user and therefore limited to one. So here's what the main page of my router looks like with rosy as the theme:

1 Like

As it's not an "official" part of OpenWrt, you might checkout

1 Like

Well, I found references saying it at least was an official package, but that runs me back to the whole ./scripts/feeds does not exist part.

Also, according to the github

NOTE: This is the RosyWrt "luci"-feed based on LuCI. And it was merged upstream now. Try the luci-theme-rosy if your luci version is openwrt-18.06 branch.

(I'm running OpenWrt 18.06.4 r7808-ef686b7292)

I don't think rosy found its way into 18.x stable.
It is in 19.x though.

1 Like

If that's the case, is there a way to install it manually without having to make a custom build?

Install a snapshot (off master) and install the packages you need at the same time.

Edit: If you're up for some pain, you might try unpacking it from a snapshot package and installing the files yourself. Personally, it doesn't seem worth it for what might be hours of pain for a prettier UI theme.

I re-read and saw you had already tried installing the package from snapshots.

1 Like