OpenWrt Firmware for Archer c6 v3.2

I have a working Dial up connection via the Lan port in my PC. But even i have the internet to my pc but in putty i get error while i try to update the opkg update.

What type of protocol does your ISP use? Configure WAN interface according to your ISP requirements and then you'll have internet connection. Click on the wan interface and then choose PPPoE, static IP, dinamic IP, etc, configure and restart interface/whole router.

He can't, because he uses a snapshot w/o LuCI. That's why wants to download it via opkg.

So Google is working on your PC?
Then there's no problem with the internet connection.
But you didn't answer my question regarding the ping commands...that would've helped...

well i have found the reason i need to have a working connection to the router that i am trying to update so i manually setup PPoE in my router with putty via ssh and it works now problem has been solved.

1 Like

Fine.
So please, don't forget to mark your other thread as solved.
Thank you.

Not much actually, thats about the same as what I get but I have just 200mbps so it's fine.

1 Like

why new 22.03.2 open wrt for tplink archer c6 v3.2 doesn't allow me to change mac? Is there a way to change mac with luci?

Interface - Devices

I have configured everything but i am only getting very low speed with wifi 2.4g and no signal for 5ghz on mobile phones appearing weird.

I have reverted my firmware to stock and it changed the last letter of my wan mac address. How to restore the default mac in tp link router?

There should be no problem with this change.
Apart from this, there's more than 1 MAC address on the router: LAN and WAN are supposed to have different addresses, sometimes WiFi is different too.
If you still don't like it, maybe it works on the C6 the same way as on the A5.
Attention: This is in german.
https://www.hardreset.info/de/devices/tp-link/tp-link-archer-a5/faq/change-mac-address/change-router-mac-address/
Or this one by TP-Link themselves:

1: Set correct country code for wifi.
2:Try different channel for 5ghz.(try setting 36 /149 channel)
3: 2.4 ghz is configured in 20 MHz bandwidth by default so speed is limited to 144 Mbps theoretical.only setting 40 MHz bandwidth gives you full 300 Mbps theoretical speed.

1 Like

How to Set correct country code for wifi?

Network < Wireless < device configuration < advanced settings

Hello! I wanted to ask if I could flash the updated version of OpenWRT on top of dsousa's "unofficial" 21.02.2 build from March 20/2022?

I faced wi-fi unstability and wanted to try a new version to see if there's an improvement.

To be safe I'd rather flash the stripped firmware image he provided in post 212 of this thread, and then flash the new factory.bin via the TP-Link interface. Unbricking seems to be a bit of a hassle.

So I have to go back to stock ROM and then flash OpenWRT, right?
What about flashing a snapshot? Will I need to install LUCI manually?

Yes and yes. You can install LuCi manually after flashing the Snapshot.

Iirc, sysupgrade from 21 to 22 is mentioned as not recommended in the release notes of 22.03.X

After flashing the factory Rom from Souza, I suggest using the "search for firmware update" function in the interface first before uploading the OpenWrt image, since the version he supplied is an older one.

1 Like

Okay I flashed stock, updated it, then flashed OpenWRT snapshot v22.03.2. I edited the network config but it doesn't work because I can't update the packages in order to install LuCI. I followed a guide:

config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'eth0.2'
option proto 'pppoe'
option username 'username-given-by-isp'
option password 'password-given-by-isp'
option ipv6 'auto'
option persist 'true'
option maxfail '0'
option holdoff '10'

Then I restarted the network but don't have internet connection. Any help will be appreciated :pray:t2:

EDIT: The ISP modem is in bridge mode and the connection is PPPoE. Maybe I'm missing options in the config file?