OpenWrt Firmware for Archer c6 v3.2

Same thing happened with me after Installing the 1st Feb build, the router was bricked and tried all the methods except UART since I don't have that.

Finally, I requested an RMA and they provided a new one.

It took them more than 2 weeks to ship it.

So, I think it's not worth the risk. Since the stock was working fine for my requirement.

However, It would be great if someone can upload a video on youtube for the recovery via UART.

That will be much appreciated.

1 Like

Aight so i found the solve..i stumbled on this without any internet video so i feel so cool :nerd_face: :sunglasses:

@ashish @hrindr13

no UART needed...if lights are solid on,...ur router is recoverable...

simply change the ip of your pc to 192.168.0.66 subnet 2552552550

plug in lan cable to lan port on router..power it on...and voila...

u can find the router on 192.168.0.1

no gateway no dns pls

i am now flashing all kind of firmwares to see what works :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yippy Kay yay...

My router lives to die another day!!

So i managed to recover without UART...

only glitch I am back to stock firmware now.. but thats ok...I will reflash some more cr@p on it!

Yes, it was supposed to respond the same way as you mentioned. I did recover this way several times.

But this time symptoms were different.

There was just Power LED which was constantly ON and all the ethernet ports were not working/dead.

1 Like

Let us know if the 17th Feb build is working, I don't want to brick it again.

1 Like

Tried flashing the second service release version (21.02.2) on my router (Archer A6 v3 us) today. The device bootloops when I enable the 5ghz band without any modifications done.

1 Like

Nopes. Don't bother.... Not stable....

I got bootlooped....

my july2021 snapshot is the most stable (although archaic build)...

I have decided to stick to stock for the moment and gone ahead and flashed openwrt on my c20v5 instead. Works like a charm...

I fixed that problem as well.... Issue is bad flash.... I tried at least 20 different images and magically one of them worked....

The issue with these TPlink routers is regional variances and uboot configs.... So unless u have the exact firmware with same bootloader config, you may just be flashing the wrong variant of the same firmware version....

The good news and why I still love them is the ability to tftp and flash using 0.66 ip irrespective of many bad flashes given the way its set up... No other router manufacturer I have seen does that!!

Did anyone test the latest A6v3 stable build? Does it include the latest WiFi Drivers?

Hello devs/users from openwrt,
I am currently using Tplink c6 v3.2(US) from the latest official firmware
I am aware that there is no official firmware from openwrt for this router.

I have average knowledge for this type of things. As I went through this topic,
Correct me if I'm wrong I have to use a firmware to update from the stock then sysuprade from that again.

1. Is the sysupgrade GUI?

2.Can you guys provide me specific files that work with v3.2. As I read through june and the latest should work.

Lastly Luci is needed to get a webui, but when I upgrade and try to install luci I'm in a state where I have no internet.

3.How can I install it?

Well update:
I decided to do it anyways and it works.:partying_face:
Im using the march snapshot

1 Like

archer a6 v3 - 21.02.2 is running fine on archer c6????

There are reports that 21.02.2 is causing boot loop on the Archer A6 v3. I also tested 21.02.2 on the Archer C6 v3.2 and had the same problem. More details below:

2 Likes

I am staying away from this for a while.

Stock is working fine and I added few heat sinks to the wifi chips, am seeing better performance it could be placebo, results don't lie.

But I do see better speeds compared to earlier

Same place Same room.

Without Heat Sink

Speed: 180-200Mbps

After adding tiny Heat Sinks.

Speed: 250-280Mbps.

WAN: 350Mbps

Happy with this little guy who sucks around just 4.5w.

1 Like

does anyone know how to access the archer c6 recovery page without it brick???

I also tried to find a way to enter the recovery page from a functioning device but I was not able to find it out.

The only way I managed to enter the recovery page in this situation was via UART - right before kernel starts loading you can press “4” key and there is an option to start the web recovery page.

2 Likes

I'm not sure if it will work or not.
Just set your ip to 192.168.0.66
And go to 192.168.0.1 page.
This should trigger recovery(normal tftp doesn't work maybe..)
And if you installed openwrt and cant access anything because it does have luci(graphical interface) find some tutorials to sys upgrade and install luci using cli.

I just did an "unofficial" 21.02.2 build for Archer C6 v3. If anyone wants to try, below is the download link:

(link removed)

This build is basically 21.02.2 version with the following changes:

1. Added support to Archer C6 v3 (including now v3 BR)
  2. Fixed the issue which caused boot loop on 21.02.2

IMPORTANT: for some reason the 21.02.2 packages seems to be incompatible with this build. I'm not sure why since I've used 21.02.2 tag as the base for this build. So if you need to install additional packages you should not use this build since.

Additionally, I did a pull request to include Archer C6 v3 in a future stable build. I need 6 developers approvals, and since this is my first pull request, any feedback from devs is very welcome. Thanks!

2 Likes

I just closed my pull request above without merging into 21.02.

The reason for this is that the next stable release 22.03 has already been branched and it will include support to Archer C6 v3 in the future stable releases of this version. So instead of backporting to 21.02, let's wait for the 22.03 to have Archer C6 v3 support in a stable release.

2 Likes

@dsouza nice job!

1 Like