OpenWrt 22.03.1 first service release

Works on 22.03.0 on my raspberry pi 4. and on this new stable release. I gues you have another problem.

WDR3600 [ 22.03.1-ath79-generic-tplink_tl-wdr3600-v1 ]

usbmuxd is using ~50% CPU continuously, whether iPhone connected or not.

strace shows continuous ouput of the following:

strace -p 2511

ppoll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=8, events=POLLIN}], 3, {tv_sec=0, tv_nsec=100}, [], 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=8, events=POLLIN}], 2, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
ppoll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=8, events=POLLIN}], 3, {tv_sec=0, tv_nsec=100}, [], 16) = 0 (Timeout)
poll([{fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=8, events=POLLIN}], 2, 0) = 0 (Timeout)

Apologies, this is the first time I've tried usbmuxd on 22.03, so can't say if it was ok prior to 22.03.1

Previously was working well on same WDR3600 with 21.02.4

Is

ssh $R auc -y

a recommended upgrade path?

After a stable 30 day uptime on 22.03 went ahead and flashed 22.03.1 on my WRT32X. Lots of typical packages added, SQM, Adblock, Samba, USB3 storage, Advanced-Reboot, etc. Network is running great. Thanks devs.

22.03.2 may be coming soon:
https://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2022/10/13/2

4 Likes

Updated my 2xr7800 without issue, but again with my e4200V2 i get the following:

Similar to when upgrading to 22.03.0, see:

The warning references 21.02, but I am already running 22.03.0. Is this a bug, or did the partition design change again?

Thanks devs for the quick security patch!

Your arrogant tone in response to a person who genuinely is trying to help you is not appreciated here. If you don't know how to do something:

1. Ask nicely
  2. Search the forum
  3. Google

https-dns-proxy isn't working for me on this release... It looks all fine, but devices cannot resolve DNS and nor can opkg.

Stopping the https-dns-proxy fixes it. Is there anywhere to report this, I'm relatively new here sorry.

Available now ?!

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, it started working about 9 hours ago -

Your screenshot wasnt the issue thought, that wasn't the issue - when you tried to make an image, it said:

I didn't take a screenshot, but it was Red and similar to this one (BTW, found from search this issue and helping others in threads before): The OpenWrt Firmware Selector - #95 by ghoffman

I thought someone would want to know a big red error screen appeared on the OpenWrt Selector, I guess not.

Completely lost me. This is exactly the obtuseness I was referencing that users may shy away from - so I will provide detail as to why I noted it. Firstly, thanks for your list - but "how to fix the OpenWrt firmware selector" - provided information beyond my control, or that others made note that a certain firmware was unavailable on the site - and they had to wait. Additionally, I already made such a web search. If there's some method for us as end users to immediately fix the firmware selector for 22.03.1 (or another release in the future), please provide a link.

If you are unaware of the problem feel free to search the forums for those who have seen that error in previous releases or needing a firmware. Thanks for your valued input.

Since the device is on some of the recent threads in the Hardware Forum, I thought I'd make a note.

I never said I didn't know how to buy a whole machine to install VirtualBox to create and install 22.03.1 - but the solution to the Firmware Selector is to wait and download it on anything (e.g. mobile devices with WiFi or an OTG Ethernet cable) and just upgrade the router. I assume like most users, we don't go to a computer store, install Hypervisors, etc. for each upgrade - if so, please provide a link on best practices to keep your machine clean, automate, it, etc. (I guess install the firmware selector - i.e. learn code on why waiting process occurs, but other threads elaborate on that, feel free to provide info on 22.03.1?).

1 Like

R7800 just updated from 21.02.3 to 22.03.1 And got the following on DAWN:

Hearing Map

Hearing Map

SSID:

500 Internal Server Error
Sorry, the server encountered an unexpected error.

/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'cbi/map'.
A runtime error occurred: /usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template '[string]'.
A runtime error occurred: [string "[string]"]:16: bad argument #2 to '?' (integer expected, got number)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/util.lua:49: in function
[string "[string]"]:16: in main chunk
stack traceback:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: in function
(tail call): ?
...usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/dawn/dawn_hearing_map.lua:8: in function 'render'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:266: in function 'render_children'
[string "/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/cbi/map.htm"]:6: in main chunk
stack traceback:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:97: in function
(tail call): ?
/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:257: in function 'render'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:440: in function 'render'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1483: in function '_cbi'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1056: in function 'dispatch'
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:483: in function

More people have a issue with DAWN after update ?

You can try reporting it over at https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues

EDIT: also tagging @stangri if that works

Xiaomi Redmi AC2100 on MT7621, was running great on 22.03.0 for more than half a month except Luci did not show upnp mapping, but they are actually working when checking with corresponding apps.
After upgrading to 22.03.1 Luci shows upnp mapping ports correctly, but all apps begin to complain no upnp support...Tried to delete upnp lease and restart miniupnpd, no use.
any ideas?

Works for me on 22.03.1.

1 Like

WRT3200ACM updated with image builder. No problems so far.

I've updated my router and 2 AP's/switches:
R7800
C2600
EAP 225 v3

All running fine, thanks for the update!

WNDR4300v1 sysupgrade no problem.

Cisco Mwraki MX60(W) - issues, see: [HOWTO] Installing OpenWrt on Cisco Meraki MX60 - #5 by NC1

WD N750 - issues, see - Update to OpenWrt 21.02.3 has destroyed my WD N750 - #27 by lleachii

there is a 1 day old report about brand new Linux WiFi vulnerabilities.

My guess is there will be a 22.03.2 SR just a couple of days away.

2 Likes

Whoa...this is quite serious...so much so, I think I'm the only one so far who will say that in English...except here:

:pray: :prayer_beads: :palms_up_together:

@jow @hnyman @aparcar - FYI to tell the developers