OpenWrt 22.03.0 first stable release

With hardware and software offloading disabled and packet_stearing enabled as default in network section, the max speed is around 300 Mbps, the contemporary upload and download problem disappear with the total 300 Mbps shared between dl e ul.
Let me know your experience and if you have my same behaviour.

I added it to sysupgrade.openwrt.org

6 Likes

Hi.
I have sereral of these and keep them as spare devices. I don't use them on a regular basis, I have just installed 22.03 as a test. It works, but the memory print is hight (2 MB ?). I can't tell about the performance.
Install it and make your own opinion :wink:

MikroTik RouterBOARD wAP G-5HacT2HnD does not boot with

openwrt-22.03.0-ath79-mikrotik-mikrotik_routerboard-wap-g-5hact2hnd-initramfs-kernel.bin

all ok with 21.02.3 build

Done with Attended Sysupgrade and auc and both stay in 22.03.0-rc6 - r19590 and not upgrading to 22.03 .

My model: Xiaomi Redmi Router AX6S

I upgraded 2xR7800 no issues so far. When trying to upgrade E4200V2 I got this:

I guess I just need to download the linksys_e4200-v2-squashfs-factory.bin and use that instead? Or how do I upgrade?

Can I afterwards just restore my configuration from the backup?

Thanks devs!

Best regards,

Ramon

I done:

firstboot -y && reboot now

and flashed the sysupgrade of 22.03 and restore from backup and everything is OK now.

1 Like

Archer C7 v5 Attended Sysupgrade in luci says

No upgrade available

The device runs the latest firmware version 21.02.3 - r16554-1d4dea6d4f

The firmware selector shows 22.03.0 for C7 v5.

Thanks

Yes, but you may need to check from your device wiki, if you need to use the TFTP recovery or something for flashing the factory image.

(as for most routers the factory image is not directly compatible with the sysupgrade flash layout, but for many Linksys dualboot devices it is compatible as the OEM header info is at the end of the image.)

Better would be to manually extract the .tar.gz and use other files, but manually edit the network, system and wireless config. The config stanza & defaults has changed in some occasions.

1 Like

@badulesia I also upgraded a Linksys MR8300 and I noticed the new storage section shows 0 for disk space & temp space. Was it like that on yours?

Software Flow Offloading not working on stable 22.03.0 nor previous rc6/rc5.
Flashed on Archer C7 v2. Bridged PPPoE configuration. IPV6 from ISP.
Everything else, apart from known upnp issues, are working great.

Upgraded WRT1900ACS v1 and WAC104 from 22.03.0-rc6 with one issue:

On both devices "Packet Steering" was enabled when it was disabled before the upgrade with config save.

1 Like

Updated my RT3200 to 22.03.0 stable and still facing slow (Apple) client tx speeds, seemingly related to mt76 driver. BSS coloring and setting beamformee haven’t improved results at all. See 802.11ax worse than 802.11ac with mt76 driver? - #96 by ThiloteE

Otherwise, no issues this far and great job!

1 Like

Upgraded a Linksys E8450 (PPPoE + NCM LTE, with mwan3 fail-over, + exporting my SSD via NFS) and a BT HomeHub 5A (used as a dumb access point). So far so good.

1 Like

Strangely, when I select advanced mode, a popup comes up saying new firmware available. The "Select firmware version" drop down had 22.03.0. Upgrade worked OK.

I running this snapshot on a raspberry pi 4. Is a upgrade supported to latest stable?

OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r18182-f84053af5c / LuCI Master git-21.327.65538-e982c05
Target Platform: bcm27xx/bcm2711

Is there a list of these packages and which ones are yet to change from iptables to nft?

the list

Unfortunately the device page [OpenWrt Wiki] Linksys EA4500 v1, v2 / E4200 v2 does not give info about how to do it, only if you have stock firmware running (then just use the stock firmware gui) and only how to revert back to stock:

* For the **E4200v2**

* On your workstation using SCP, copy `FW_E4200v2_2.1.41.164606.img` to /tmp on your router

* On your router using SSH, issue the command `sysupgrade -F -n /tmp/FW_E4200v2_2.1.41.164606.img` - ![:!:](https://openwrt.org/lib/images/smileys/icon_exclaim.gif) Do not use the zip archive directly, you have to extract the firmware image from it first

If i try from the current version 21.02 GUI I get:

Not sure if i dare to force it...

Any guidance?

Were they explicitly disabled in your configuration files? Perhaps the default value changed. That wouldn't be a bug. Default values can change from one version to the next.