I just tried Firefox and works fine.

I wonder if anyone can reproduce?

try to update via putty or clear the cache of naviguator :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updating via console worked fine

Must be cache of web browser you mean?

1 Like

yes in history clear cookies etc

It works on Archer C6 EU. There is only one problem, but it may be the fault of something else, one of the computers where I test MINT, on one of the USB network cards does not connect to Wifi, it may be a problem with Mint.

Just a quick report that D-Link DIR-878 was successfully updated to 22.03.0-rc6
Upgraded via command line, not LUCI

No issues so far, but I will update if that changes.
Previous test with rc1 was a failure for me, but I'm glad that the issues were resolved!

No crash here on rc6, took 5-6 seconds to download packages then displayed perfectly.
Router: WRT32X, PC: Win11/Chrome.

Thanks for advise, just removed the code :slightly_smiling_face:

Confirming that upgrade to rc6 was successful on Linksys WRT1900AC v2. Upgrade took about 10 seconds from rc5.

Can you please confirm if WPA3 works? It does not work for rc1 - 5. So i had to rolll back to 21.02.

EdgeSwitch 8XP has a weird issue after updating 21.02.3 > 22.03rc6. After a fresh install the device isn't reachable. Sysupgrade between releases works fine until you do a cold reboot. After that it's unreachable. Anyone know what might be going on? #10374.

I found it's an issue with my 4 ax88179 USB 3.0 to ethernet adapters.

1 is by StarTech and I have 2 by D-Link and 1 by cheap company

After a boot, they come up with issues after a few minutes with all 4

I tried my AX88772C USB 2.0 to ethernet adapter and it works fine

I have a RealTek USB 3.0 adapter that I just tested and works fine

This is with RPi3

Seems like ax88179 issue.

I'll stick to RealTek

Edit: and now I see this is same issue reported with same driver:

2 Likes

mikrotik,routerboard-wap-2nd (MikroTik RouterBOARD wAP-2nD (wAP))

Seems to works, but wrong MAC address allocation on eth0

[    0.975885] ag71xx 19000000.eth: invalid MAC address, using random address

Work-around: add following stanza to /etc/config/network

config device
         option name 'eth0'
         macaddr '6c:3b:6b:xx:xx:xx'

Files in /etc are persistent over upgrades. /root files are not

1 Like

"mwlwifi is known to be broken with IEEE802.11w and WPA3/SAE, disable it completely in favour of the older WPA2/CCMP. Given the driver/ firmware situation, this is not going to improve."

Can confirm WRT1900AC v2 & WPA3 does not function with 22.03.0, but as mentioned above there are issues with mwlwifi and WPA3/SAE. I do know that this does work with 21.02, however am not sure why.

1 Like

Installed this on an unused BT HomeHub 5A, with the intention of giving to a friend as a temporary WiFi range extender. Not really satisfied.

It works in my house (well, sometimes goes more than once through the green-flashing pattern before turning the blue LED on after a reboot), but boot-loops in the friend's house. Possibly a power supply issue. EDIT: confirmed as a power supply issue, by replacing the supply.

When the client and the AP are configured simultaneously on the 2.4 GHz radio, they work as expected. The same configuration on 5 GHz (channel 100) doesn't work, only the client is active, the AP never shows up in the scan results. Possibly related to DFS. Problem does not exist with channel 149 if the channel is specified explicitly.

This is still under development. Try the release version 21.02.3 for now?
Worth noting though.

WPA3 does not work on any version for the WRT1900AC or ACS, due to a 802.11w bug in the driver which will not be fixed. It only seems to work on 21.02 by making 802.11w optional, but that doesn't actually work in practice. 802.11w is required by WPA3.

WPA3 works even by making 802.11w required for 21.02. But it doesn't work with disabled.

That isn't the question here, jbrossard is not talking about WPA3's requirements (of which IEEE 802.11w is a mandatory part), but mwlwifi being utterly broken (crashing hard) when encountering IEEE 802.11w (and indirectly WPA3, as this needs IEEE 802.11w).

2 Likes