OpenWrt 21.02.1 First service release

Oops. :flushed: Yup, that was it.

For me WDS is still not working on my Archer C60 v2.
In the bug page, they are talking about releasing with 21.02.2.
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3961

I'll stay with RC3, meanwhile

my wifi was pretty much worthless without the tx_amsdu trick. I reported a bug (FS#4064), but didn't get any feedback.

what are your device and build?

WRT1900ACS. Openwrt 21.02

Congrats and thanks to the team. Running successfully on a Meraki MR33 for the past few days now. Stable and performing well.

I don't think there will be any fix any time soon because this is not an issue with Openwrt but more like the wifi firmware/hardware problem. Correct me if I am wrong. Linksys kind of abandoned the development for the wifi firmware and there are some issues with wifi hardware of the linksys wrt series as well.

I'm trying to build some customized images for my OpenWrt devices using the openwrt/imagebuilder Docker image. I don't see 21.02.1 images published yet.

Are these service release-specific Docker images published automatically as part of the release process?

Should I wait for the service release-specific images or switch over to the general release images (*-21.02) instead?

Well its an openwrt bug since it's in a package included in openwrt. Also the fix work great. Why not enable it by default?

2 Likes

Hello and greetings everbody, just a short Question, is this version, now working good on a WRT3200ACM? Or are there are mayor issues to be know by users that have too a WRT 3200ACM. Im still with 19.07.8 but Im curios..... Thanks in advance and cheers everybody :wave:

1 Like

Easybox 802 arcadian752dpw do not power usb ports.
Please fix it. (Activate power supply to USB ports)

Are there any plans for Easybox 904xdsl r01 for openwrt 21.x ?
It is a very good router with 128mb flash 3x USB and 4x gigabit Ethernet + xDSL port and many more.

there's almost 2000 devices supported by OpenWRT

about 50 of them are modems

Of those 50 about half of them are DSL modems where OpenWRT doesn't support the DSL modem function

My guess is, not much chance at all

1 Like

https://openwrt.org/toh/astoria/arcadyan_astoria_easybox_904xdsl_r01
Have you looked at this?

1 Like

Has anyone used the "LED configuration" function? I can open that page, and I clicked the edit of default item on the page many times, but the configuration dialog cannot be open.
I am using Redmi AC2100.

1 Like

Show me a device witch 3 USB ports and 128mb FLASH !
And gigabit lan and very cheap.

It is the BEST of all i found.
Only sim card slot is not there ( but there is a version witch LTE - not supported by any openwrt software)

But there are plenty of devices with one or two USB ports that actually work, with decent wireless and better performance…

1 Like

sure, gigabit lan ... that's a description that doesn't mean much ... for example, a pi3b+ has gigabit lan - it can't do gigabit though, lucky to get 300Mbit

as for "very cheap" - that often means you get what you pay for

Thank you for all the hard work!

Installed on four devices and it works very well:
Routers: Meraki MX60 and MX60W
APs: Merkai MR24 and MR33,
Pending upgrade APs MR12/16/18 will up from OpenWRTs 19.x.x later on.

Cheers, awesome work!

The issues on WRT3200ACM seem to persist, but great work is done at the moment to isolate the root cause: https://forum.openwrt.org/t/users-needed-to-test-wi-fi-stability-on-linksys-wrt3200acm-wrt32x-on-openwrt-21-02-0-rc4/

3 Likes