OpenWrt 21.02.1 First service release

Incase it isn't clear by now, you do have to install luci via SSH on the snapshot builds. It may not have been bricked.

Curious if you stuck with 21.02.1 or switched to latest snapshot for wrt1900acs wifi performance. I've been running an older snapshot for some time, but I think the wifi performance still leaves something to be desired.

I have been using 21.02.1 on all three devices but because the wifi on wrt3200 is not very stable, i.e. intermittently slowdown, I just turned it off and let the other two handle all the wifi activities. My wrt3200 is still the main router behind the modem and the other two are 2 dummy AP.

1 Like

A late but very happy success message for sysupgrade on TP-Link Archer C6 v2 from 19.07.5. Confirmed features: keep config, WDS, VLAN (still swconfig), opkg, sqm.
Thanks, devs, for this hassle-free procedure!

I just upgraded from 19.07.8 to 21.02.1 on my wrt1900acs and the wifi is not stable. I hope the next release will fix this.

I'm facing the same issue. At the moment I'm testing a 21.02 snapshot:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/

See also

2 Likes

Thanks for the link but it seems that it is for wrt3200ACM and WRT32X
I'm waiting for the next release, it was quite long and painful to do the migration. The less versions I install the better.

It is the same problematic wifi driver in WRT1900ACS...
Either use 19.07.x or 21.02-snapshot

Upgrading from 21.02.1 to 21.02-snapshot and to further to 21.02.2 should be easy. (If 21.02.2 would be tagged and built now, it would be same as the current 21.02-snapshot.)

1 Like

Ok thank you.

21.02.2 is tagged AND building right now...

1 Like

Now running 21.02.2 on an Archer C7 v2.

1 Like

Oh yeah, there it is (preliminarily, of course):

For anyone who experienced the reboot-and-get-a-new-WAN-IP issue (also reproducible with ifup wan), I'd love to know if it's still there.

It is for me.

1 Like

With release 21.02.2, WDS on Archer C60v2 works again. Thank you!

how long a release take from tag to announcement?

1 Like

It's usually a few days to get all the targets and supporting packages built.

With the 21.02.2 release, it fails to enable WiFi 5GHz on TP-Link Archer A6 v3. After enabling, the router reboots, and WiFi 5 GHz reverts to disabled state again. Enabling WiFi 2.4 GHz seems to work apparently.

I should add that this issue with WiFi 5 GHz was not present in the 02/15/2022 snapshot.

In fact after upgrading to the 21.02.2 release from the snapshot, with my configuration preserved, made the router inoperable and it seemed bricked with LEDs going haywire. However, I activated the failsafe mode and reset it through the firstboot command over SSH. Only after that the router became operational again, and I was able to access LuCI over LAN. Following that I discovered the 5 GHz WiFi issue, and perhaps the upgrade also rendered the router unusable due to the configuration (that was preserved during the upgrade) already having 5 GHz enabled.

I hope this can be fixed asap, as this upgrade may render this router unusable, and perhaps leave it in a bricked state, for other people as well.

1 Like

The 02.2 update build of the GT-AC5300 did not work here. After reboot, 02.1 persists in same partition.

can you post syslog related to it? while im not dev it will be helpful to some

About GT-AC5300, it is fixed in snapshot but not merged to the current 02.x.

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=30b168b9b8451d6165833cee75019ef7dbfd8a2e