OpenWrt 19.07.6 service release (Rolling out)

OpenWrt 19.07.6 service release is rolling out, keep an eye on the https://forum.openwrt.org/c/announcements/14 sub-forum for the official announcement.
Or if you are an early bird like me you can just go and download it.
Have fun.

3 Likes

EDIT: The official announcement is live, so it is safe to disregard the rest of my post below. I'm leaving it in place, though, because it does have validity for future releases prior to the official announcement.

@Handyman and others -

While it is often exciting when a new release comes out (and it is great to see the enthusiasm!), it is generally a good idea to wait for an official announcement. The main reason is that there could always be critical issues identified and/or build failures that could result in complications. In most cases, any issues would likely be recoverable, but there is lower risk after the build-bots have finished successfully and release notes are published so that people can be aware of known issues and changes that may be meaningful.

As such, please refrain from pre-announcing the releases, and consider waiting for the official announcement before installing.

4 Likes

Isn't that what I said in my post?
In fact unlike my previous posts the only link I added to my post was the official announcement link.
I am 100% supporting the official announcement.
Just giving heads up for the official announcement that's all.
That in itself not an official announcement or replacement of it.
I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

The fuss is about smothering official communications by 'hey you know what's coming shortly?' topics.

1 Like