The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the sixth service release of OpenWrt 19.07. It focuses on fixing several security issues.
Main changes from OpenWrt 19.07.5
- Security Advisory 2021-01-19-1 - dnsmasq multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685 and CVE-2020-25686)
- openssl: NULL pointer deref in GENERAL_NAME_cmp function can lead to a DOS attack. (CVE-2020-1971)
- Various security fixes in packages
Note: security fixes for most packages can also be applied by upgrading only the affected packages on running devices, without the need for a full firmware upgrade. This can be done with opkg update; opkg upgrade the_package_name or through the LuCI web interface.
Nevertheless, we encourage all users to upgrade their devices to OpenWrt 19.07.6 or later versions whenever possible.
Major bug fixes
- Fix iOS 14 tethering problem
- Enable LED VCC for Asus RT-AC51U
LuCI web interface
- luci-mod-system: properly handle SSH pubkeys with options (GH#4684)
- luci-mod-network: properly handle wireless netdevs when creating interfaces
- Update translations from weblate
- Several additional bug fixes and improvements
- Update Linux kernel from 4.14.209 to 4.14.215
- Update mac80211 and wifi drivers from 4.19.137-1 to 4.19.161-1
- Update wireless-regdb from 2019.06.03 to 2020.11.20
- Update mbedtls from 2.16.8 to 2.16.9
- Update openssl from 1.1.1h to 1.1.1i
For latest information about the 19.07 series, refer to the wiki page .
As always, a big thank you goes to all our active package maintainers, testers, documenters, and supporters.
The OpenWrt Community