The OpenWrt community is proud to announce the newest service release in the 19.07 stable series: OpenWrt 19.07.5. It focuses on fixing several regression as well as security issues.
Selected highlights of this service release are:
- Security Advisory 2020-12-09-2 - libuci import heap use after free (CVE-2020-28951)
- Security Advisory 2020-12-09-1 - Linux kernel - ICMP rate limiting can be used to facilitate DNS poisoning attack (CVE-2020-25705)
- musl: fix possible destination buffer overflow in some applications (CVE-2020-28928)
- Various security fixes in packages
Major bug fixes
- Fix regression in 19.07.4 causing transmit timeout and packet loss on mt7620 devices
- Fix regression in 19.07.4 where VLAN tagging no longer works on ipq40xx devices
- Fix long-standing instability issue on Ethernet link on several ath79 devices
- Various fixes for My Net Range Extender, PowerCloud Systems CAP324, D-Link DIR-645, Quad-E4G
- Support newer version of Turris Omnia
- Fix ath9k firmware extraction for UniFi AP
- Fix MAC address assignment on UniFi AC family (UniFi AC Mesh, UniFi AC LR, UniFi Lite)
- Allow booting espressobin with a mainline firmware
For latest information about the 19.07 series, refer to the wiki page.
As always, a big thank you goes to all our active package maintainers, testers, documenters, and supporters.
The OpenWrt Community