OpenWrt 19.07.0 and OpenWrt 19.07.1 bug

• I advise stop refreshing the page over and over.
  • Also, I'm noticing that when you return the main page, you appear to be logged out - that isn't happening to me.

I am unable to reproduce you issue on OpenWrt 19.07.1 r10911-c155900f66 .

Screenshot from 2020-02-18 17-20-10

Correction:

I do see it; but only after loading the Overview Page 9 times in very fast succession at once. Refreshing in a few seconds loads the page.. I wouldn't classify this as a bug.

I can also reproduce on:

• OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r12230-5715b21f80
  • on OpenWrt 18.06.7 r7976-ca47026b7d - the pages freeze until approximately the time I can successfully reload on other versions

Now that I reproduced this behavior: I would say that you are causing the problem by intentionally opening multiple Overview Pages at once

Is there an actual problem you're experiencing?

EDIT: I can also produce this behavior in Chrome.

1 Like

Yes . I say about this. If I open http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/luci/admin/status/overview in time when error - all open normaly

I retest on pure profile , bug if fast close and next open tab all yet have. What need do , for return old method rendering ? If possible , help me )
Was be very good , if will be as render interface , as was be in 18.06 or as have 19.07. I want have offloading. Because I beg help.

It is normal that this red error box can appear if you quickly change pages before stuff finished loading.

As long as it doesn‘t appear by itself or pages never completely load it is no reason for concern.

1 Like

Why do you feel the need to do this, in general? This is not a normal/common use case, and is not really a bug with openwrt - it falls more into the user error type category.
Why is this open/close/open issue so important to you? If you don’t do this sequence repeatedly, there is no problem. So can you just not do this rapid opening and closing of tabs?

1 Like

Because if I save login and password in cookies and after this open tab , then irrelevant as frequancy do this. Error will be and if reopen tab with 192.168.x.1 not frequance. Error in mechanism open tab if not do reautorizing.

Error not will be if logout before when login.

I don’t understand

Why are you opening and closing the tabs so often?

1 Like

No , this be even if I opening tab seldom... for this did not be , me need logout from router. Thus it turns out what need reset cookies in browser linkin with router.

@DIR-825 - Given that you are the only one who has been experiencing this issue, I'm still inclined to suggest that this is a problem with your browswer/environment. I'll point to the fact that you have hundreds of tabs open, and likely rarely/never restart your browser as one potential reason for this issue to be arising for you in the first place. The memory footprint of this situation alone could be why things are getting messed up.

@lleachii was able to reproduce the issue on Firefox and Chrome, but I agree with the assessment that this is not a bug given the relatively extreme measures required to get it to show up in the first place.

Since you seem unwilling/unable to change your usage pattern with Firefox, maybe just use Chrome or something else specifically to access the router, when you need it. If you have only one or a few tabs open and aren't constantly reloading/closing/opening the router page, the memory footprint, session management, cookies, and everything else might not get messed up the way you are seeing with Firefox.

1 Like

I see solver this problem differently :
Simply need in OpenWRT add timeout and if will be overtime , easy request relogin. Time can set as 10 min. If expired 10 minutes , request relogin.

That sounds more like a feature request than a bug fix.

1 Like

But other way I not known. Therefore and I offer add this function.

Let us help you. Please clearly define the problem, first:

• Explain exactly why you open multiple pages
  • Explain why this usage is absolutely necessary to access and manipulate the OpenWrt device
  • Explain exactly what actual: tasks, configs, pages, etc. you're unable to access and/or perform with the OpenWrt device - due to this behavior
1 Like
  1. I'm not open multiple pages , I say what if close tab and next reopen tab will be error.
  2. this neceasary , because there is error with 192.168.x.1 , if next select http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/luci/admin/status/overview - all work normal. But if remap to http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/luci/ has error.
  3. such pages outclude http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/luci/ not available.

Can you absolutely guarantee that you do not have another tab open with the router admin page? You have over 300 open tabs, so there could be one or more that are still open on the router admin page.

To be clear again - nobody else has described this problem, and @lleachii was only able to reproduce the issue by doing a highly unusual sequence of opening and closing tabs.

I strongly believe that it is your browser situation that is the major culprit here.

What device do you have?

Is it a supported device?

psherman

Yes. Problem will be only if autorize and save login and passvord in browser , next close all tabs linkin with 192.168.x.1 and next open at least one tab 192.168.x.1. If leave open last open tabs and open next tab with 192.168.x.1 all will be good. However so will be only till as will be open one tab 192.168.x.1. If in browser not save login and password - problem not will arise. Because you everytime be autorizing and OpenWRT 19.07 will be work normaly.

lleachii
Yes my device is D-Link DIR-825/B1 64 MB RAM

Perhaps something is getting lost in translation here, feel free to post a reply in your native language (with an English translation)...

• What causes you to perform these sequence of events?
  • Why do you need to perform them to run the router?
  • Are you saying your issue is with the saved login (which I observed from your video some days ago)?
  • Are you saying that you expect LuCI to stayed logged in, on previously logged out pages - without re entering credentials?

It really sounds like this is an issue with opening multiple tabs...I only have problems like this when I still have an old tab open.

:thinking:

1 Like