The OpenWrt Community is proud to announce the fourth service release of the stable OpenWrt 18.06 series.
OpenWrt 18.06.4 incorporates a number of bug fixes in the network and system userland, as well as updates to the kernel and base packages.
Note that the OpenWrt 18.06.3 release was skipped in favor to 18.06.4 due to a last minute 4.14 kernel update fixing TCP connectivity problems which were introduced with the first iteration of the Linux SACK vulnerability patches.
Important: If you upgraded any LuCI packages using opkg, ensure that the latest version of
2019-07-05 or later) is installed prior to applying the upgrade image via the gui in order to prevent possible flash data corruption. Alternatively, flash the upgrade images using the
sysupgrade command on the command line.
Some selected highlights of the service release are:
- Linux kernel updated to versions 4.9.184/4.14.131 (from 4.9.152/4.14.95 in v18.06.2)
- SACK security fixes for the Linux kernel
- WPA3 security fixes in hostapd
- Further security fixes for Curl and the kernel
- MT76 wireless driver updates
- Various network and system service fixes
For a detailed list of changes since 18.06.2 refer to
For latest information about the 18.06 series, refer to
the wiki at:
To download the v18.06.4 images, navigate to:
The OpenWrt Community