Online ImageBuilder and Upgrade Server

Luci Attended Sysupgrade...

Can anyone tell me if the packages displayed after clicking on 'Search for Firmware Uprade', are only the top level packages, where other required dependencies are then installed automatically (but not listed on the same package display list)?

EDIT: found out for myself... I can confirm the packages listed are the top level packages required to install all the other required dependencies. Good to know if you want to reinstall all your installed packages manually without having to list all of them individually!

1 Like

Thanks for this great service. Why are custom defaults are not enabled? Would it be possible to enable custom defaults?

1 Like

Capture

Please add this section!

In the past, this feature existed, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.
This feature is great for Wi-Fi configuration.
Alas, you have now removed this option.

& I must say that the Attended Sysupgrade package feature does not work for Version 19.07.10

1 Like

The same, the configuration that is entered in that place, was eliminated in the following updates.

1 Like

I hope the 'Attended Sysupgrade' will be continually developed.

:+1: It's a great addition! :+1:

2 Likes

Is there anyone who would know if changing the rootfs partition size is something that would be an option in future ASU builds?
Today, if you need/want the rootfs partition sized changed, you essentially have to download and build your own images from imagebuilder but just sort of "hack" the .config file to change the value in there. It is such a simple "hack", I just thought it might be nice to actually have it as an option in the "Advanced" settings or something. BTW, messing with it doesn't change the vermagic value either.
I can just say from my personal experience that if that were an option, then I would really no longer have any reason to build my own images and keep a build machine around or available. Maybe just me being selfish :smile:

3 Likes

EDITE: I found the answer, i had to enable advanced mode in the configuration. I might not have saved and applied last time. With advanced mode enabled i can change to another branch. Thank you.

MY original problem, solution above in case it helps anyone.
I apologize if i'm in the wrong topic, but it looks like this might be the forum topic about the attended sysupgrade package?
I'm trying to find out my issue, and i'm curious if others are seeing this. I've tried from 2 different models, and I get the same results. Version 22 of openwrt is not available. I also posted on github awhile back with this same issue at
https://github.com/openwrt/asu/issues/396

I would like to thank the developer and contributor team for this fantastic firmware builder and in place upgrader.

I upgraded my BTHH5A from 21.02.1 to 22.03.2 via luci. Except a couple of out-of-repository packages ( wrtmon* ), every other package was migrated. It's the smoothest firmware transition of any device I ever experienced.

Despite the huge image size ( 13.## Mb ), there was absolutely no corruption, hence no rollbacks. Quite impressive indeed.

I did face bootlooping and incompatible config issues afterwards, but those are not related to sysupgrade. All thumbs up.

-Gamma

Please add " Edit UCI Defaults " Or add " Custom script to run on first boot " Option.

4 Likes

Am I correct in thinking that this will not work for devices using extroot where the size required for installed packages is greater than the size of rootfs_data? Since all packages currently installed are created in the built image, it could be huge and then it will attempt to be flashed to the nand which is generally much smaller than the extroot. Or am I missing something?

I really need this. Also, I need the option to change the size of the overlay. Everything else is perfect.

1 Like

Yes, it doesn't create the image if you have too many packages, very frustrating. I was able to max it out, but I can't put larger packages in.

I would like to second that we really need UCI-defaults and overall size options. With those options, it's super powerful.

Another enhancement would be a URL that selects all of the filled out options, then I can just save that... :slight_smile:

I hope this feature will be added as soon as possible. However, the addition of this feature seems far away!

1 Like

What is this error?

OpenWrt: A note about using new stable releases before they are announced

2 Likes

The image builder may have a 22.03.3 option in the menu, but it won't be active until the 22.03.3 has been officialy announced. In the meantime it displays an error message.It should be a matter of days.

2 Likes

Thanks, I thought it was already released, my mistake!

Nothing serious. It happened to me before.
The announcement has been done, the image builder should work by now.

nope!! it still showing the same message.