Online ImageBuilder and Upgrade Server

@jithin Is this still happening? I just tried it and it worked for me.

2 Likes

I was trying from Friday night for both this device, yesterday evening for dir 2660 the issue was solved and was able to build. But for RPI4 i even tried today morning, and still failed, so i manually compiled an image. But now i checked after i got your message and it's now building without any error.

1 Like

I added the latest 22.03.0 release, please give it a try and report issues!

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Hello, don't be tired. Thank you for your hard work
:disappointed: I have a problem and that is where (at what address) should I create my image?
:pensive: Why sites " https://asu.aparcar.org ", "https://chef.libremesh.org" do not work.
:frowning_face: And the " https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org" address can only add and remove packages.
:heart_eyes: I want to use "custome script to run on first boot", but this is not possible! what should i do
:pray: :pray: :pray: Please add this feature in "https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org" or another web address :pray: :pray: :pray:

Thank you for your attention

2 Likes

It would be nice to use custom files in the image build.

1 Like

@Mahdi-pc @castillofrancodamian A partial answer to your questions:

• I have a problem and that is where (at what address) should I create my image?

The official image builder is firmware-selector.openwrt.org If you click Customize installed packages you can add or remove packages to the custom build

Those servers are development machines that aren't always running. You can see your options at: The OpenWrt Firmware Selector - #240 by richb-hanover-priv

4 Likes

I found a little storage leak issue with the image builder which keeps every images forever stored in a imagebuidler tmp folder. I'm working on a upstream fix, sorry for the frequent downtimes lately it's just used more than the storage is cleaned...

aparcar@asu-01:~/asu/worker1/cache/22.03.0$ du -d 1 -h
400M    ./kirkwood
260M    ./gemini
2.0G    ./ipq806x
1.7G    ./ipq40xx
8.1G    ./ramips
4.0K    ./octeon
495M    ./sunxi
728M    ./lantiq
1.8G    ./rockchip
3.7G    ./mediatek
4.0K    ./realtek
5.4G    ./mvebu
8.9G    ./ath79
3.0G    ./bcm47xx
14G     ./bcm27xx
11G     ./x86
4.0K    ./bcm63xx
312M    ./mpc85xx
600M    ./apm821xx
5.4G    ./bcm53xx
66G     .
4 Likes

Please fix this.

Fixed, the old releases are added again

1 Like

Hi, is there a free hosting service where I could host my personal instance of ASU?

I have a custom-built packages selection I need to serve there (AFAIK, I can't do that with any "official" instances).

Sorry I'm not very familiar with the topic so please be bear with me.

1 Like

Sure, a linux system (at least VM) in your LAN. Beefy hardware, hundreds of GByte SSD storage and large monthly internet traffic aren't free, but linux and imagebuilder on your own hardware are.

Luci Attended Sysupgrade...

Can anyone tell me if the packages displayed after clicking on 'Search for Firmware Uprade', are only the top level packages, where other required dependencies are then installed automatically (but not listed on the same package display list)?

EDIT: found out for myself... I can confirm the packages listed are the top level packages required to install all the other required dependencies. Good to know if you want to reinstall all your installed packages manually without having to list all of them individually!

1 Like

Thanks for this great service. Why are custom defaults are not enabled? Would it be possible to enable custom defaults?

1 Like

Capture

Please add this section!

In the past, this feature existed, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.
This feature is great for Wi-Fi configuration.
Alas, you have now removed this option.

& I must say that the Attended Sysupgrade package feature does not work for Version 19.07.10

1 Like

The same, the configuration that is entered in that place, was eliminated in the following updates.

1 Like

I hope the 'Attended Sysupgrade' will be continually developed.

:+1: It's a great addition! :+1:

2 Likes

Is there anyone who would know if changing the rootfs partition size is something that would be an option in future ASU builds?
Today, if you need/want the rootfs partition sized changed, you essentially have to download and build your own images from imagebuilder but just sort of "hack" the .config file to change the value in there. It is such a simple "hack", I just thought it might be nice to actually have it as an option in the "Advanced" settings or something. BTW, messing with it doesn't change the vermagic value either.
I can just say from my personal experience that if that were an option, then I would really no longer have any reason to build my own images and keep a build machine around or available. Maybe just me being selfish :smile:

3 Likes

EDITE: I found the answer, i had to enable advanced mode in the configuration. I might not have saved and applied last time. With advanced mode enabled i can change to another branch. Thank you.

MY original problem, solution above in case it helps anyone.
I apologize if i'm in the wrong topic, but it looks like this might be the forum topic about the attended sysupgrade package?
I'm trying to find out my issue, and i'm curious if others are seeing this. I've tried from 2 different models, and I get the same results. Version 22 of openwrt is not available. I also posted on github awhile back with this same issue at
https://github.com/openwrt/asu/issues/396

I would like to thank the developer and contributor team for this fantastic firmware builder and in place upgrader.

I upgraded my BTHH5A from 21.02.1 to 22.03.2 via luci. Except a couple of out-of-repository packages ( wrtmon* ), every other package was migrated. It's the smoothest firmware transition of any device I ever experienced.

Despite the huge image size ( 13.## Mb ), there was absolutely no corruption, hence no rollbacks. Quite impressive indeed.

I did face bootlooping and incompatible config issues afterwards, but those are not related to sysupgrade. All thumbs up.

-Gamma

Please add " Edit UCI Defaults " Or add " Custom script to run on first boot " Option.

4 Likes