NEWIFI D2 router on release 21.02.1 (MT7621)

Hi there

I was trying to enable VLAN filtering on Br-lan and after I added VLAN id 1 and ticked egree and pvid for all four ports then it does not respond to click on save. I tried default theme as well as Material theme but it just wont save.

Any files / data ... I can upload? Previous to this I was using release 19.07 on this box.

Thanks.

It sounds like you changed the network settings and cannot access your router, so I'm unsure how trying to change the theme would fix that.

Try:

Sorry for the lack of clarity in my note..... I am able to reset and keep going back to default...

What I can not do:

1. I am unable to create vlan on this router.
  2. There is no menu item called switch in the Network dropdown.
  3. The br-lan device has VLAN filter interface but I can not save it after I click add
  4. If I create a device 802.1q with the vlan, the device does not save as it is unable to confirm and I think reverses.

Anil

If you upgraded to 21.02.1 and kept your 19.07 configs, you might consider resetting to defaults, and configure 21.02.1 from scratch.

I had no issues going that route from 19.07.8 to 21.02.0.

When I applied the upgrade, I did not save any configs. Since then, I have factory reset a few times already in my efforts to get vlan working.

Does anyone know if I can downgrade to 19.07? I tried to load the sysupgrade using luci, it is asking me to use "force' even though I am not saving any configs. I need to use vlan as my two wan interfaces are at two ends of the house.

Also when I tried to put this on TFTP mode with hold reset down while power up..I got a Chinese menu. I wonder if there is way to set that into english....Any pointer will be appreciated.

You can configure VLANs on 21.02.x and mt7621 just fine using DSA.

I would recommend against downgrading (especially if VLANs would be your only reason), but you'd need to force the downgrade and omit your configs again.

I am reluctant to go back and I did consider testing out the DSA by coding it directly in the file network. I think with this link of DSA, I can try and do some changes in incremental ways and then test out. Will post my finding. Thanks for the encouragement.,]

I had a lot of trouble but finally I was able to crack it. I have used this DSA guide to help me.

The Luci does not allow the VLAN configuration directly on the bridge it has LAN from it's default configuration. The trick is to create a new bridge (say br0) with just lan1, lan2, lan3, and wan ports and configure save when you are connected to lan4. This lan4 will be added to bridge after it configures correctly otherwise Luci does not even let you save.

Here is the before and after of the network files. I recommend to the powers of this group that network file should be changed in the default build so that others who wish to use vlan in NEWIFI D2 wont have as much trouble as I did.

The current default file (/etc/config/network):
<deleted text>
config device
	option name 'br-lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	list ports 'lan1'
	list ports 'lan2'
	list ports 'lan3'
	list ports 'lan4'

config interface 'lan'
	option device 'br-lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'

config interface 'wan'
	option device 'wan'
	option proto 'dhcp'
<deleted text>

It would be easy of the default network file was changed to (/etc/config/network):

<deleted text>
config interface 'lan'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'
	option device 'br0.1'

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option device 'br0.2'

config device
	option type 'bridge'
	option name 'br0'
	list ports 'lan1'
	list ports 'lan2'
	list ports 'lan3'
	list ports 'lan4'
	list ports 'wan'

config bridge-vlan
	option device 'br0'
	option vlan '1'
	list ports 'lan1:u*'
	list ports 'lan2:u*'
	list ports 'lan3:u*'
	list ports 'lan4:u*'

config bridge-vlan
	option device 'br0'
	option vlan '2'
	list ports 'wan:u*'

<deleted text>
1 Like

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

Thanks. I just did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.