Netgear R7800 Fails each reboot and lan issues

Mind you I couldn't get to that terminal to do when I had the issues a had so had to use reset pin, but i re flashed because I just didn't trust it to work.

Question how do I enable beamforming and mu-mmo? I found the thing for it in LuCLI a few days ago but I can't seem to find it right now? it's an option like 802. something.

"If the 22.03 images for the R7800 were faulty we'd have known by now, it's a popular device."

I totally agree witch is why this all has really quit confused me. thought to be clear when I spoof the mac address of my old router witch interface do I set to that address I think I'm doing the right one I just want to be sure I'm not putting it some place I shouldn't be. As far as i know I just have to go -network -devices and see and set the wan port to IP so and so. Just trying to make sure I'm not doing something totally obviously wrong.

so when I changed the Lan ip to the ip of my router I couldn't reconnect to it even at that ip address or the old one. I went -Network -Interfaces -Lan to do it Am I in the wrong place? I had to reset it and restore my setting from right before I made that change to make it be able to reconnect. changing the mac is fine. the Ip to change that I'm being pointed to change is the one that affects the web interface, I know my current routers IP isn't the same as the one my ISP sees. So I'm very confused about what to do here. I'm thinking every time I've tryed to change my IP on this it's failed to work.

Can someone please post a screen shot of where I change the IP address? something seems off on my end.

IP should be different than in that post, though.

1 Like

that's the IP for wan that the ISP's router would connect to? Also where can I change it from the GUI?

You were in the right place when you changed it, but there's a time out, and then it rolls back.

You should change it, then next to the save button, select "save unchecked", or something like that.

1 Like

it doesn't have an IP address option

at 3:37 where it shows the wan and wan6 I only see...

I'm looking for

It should be in the sub menu under network.

1 Like

Which sub menu? It's not under global network options.

Trial and error ?
It's not a labyrinth in there..

1 Like

I looked in every sub menu in network am not seeing it.

The screen shots you posted, is that from your own device, or...?

1 Like

another as an an example of what I'm looking for the gray one is mine device. I don't see a way to manually set the ip.

There should be an edit button to the right of LAN, just as in the video ?

When you try to ssh to your 7800, is your client and the 7800 then isolated from the rest of the network ?

1 Like

yes but i want to change the lan ip.

Yes, that's what the edit button's for...

1 Like

yeah I looked at those sub menus and couldn't find the option for it. I could for the lan but not wan. say etho.2 under devices or interfaces I can't find it. I am asking for a screen shoot for a reason.