Multiwan (mwan3) and two IPv6 (6in4) tunnels... is it possible?

Hello everybody, thanks for the great OS and the awesome community.
I love you all <3

That said, I recently decided to try adding IPv6 to my network since here in Italy things are moving painfully slow on providing IPv6 to the public.

At home I use MWAN3 to use two WAN connection from two different totally unrelated providers.

I managed to configure ONE 6in4 tunnel from tunnelbroker.ch, because that's using the "default gateway" as my local peer address, but I'm not able to setup the second tunnel which is supposed to use the OTHER WAN address as the local peer address.

I used two different IPv6 tunnel endpoints to make it simpler and I tried adding a rule in MWAN3 that would route traffic to:

• TUNNEL1 IPv4 address through WAN1
    and
  • TUNNEL2 IPv4 address through WAN2

but apparently that didn't work... it still uses the default gateway in the IPv4 routes for both.

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

Could you post here the output of:

mwan3 status ; uci export mwan3; \
ip -4 addr; ip -4 ru; ip -4 ro list table all; \
iptables-save -c

Please use the "Preformatted text </>" button for logs, scripts, configs and general console output.
grafik

mmh... not really eager to post all those info about my network on a public forum.
Is there already a script that automatically sanitizes the output? Otherwise I'll do it manually but it's gonna take me a while :smiley:

Take your time.

Never mind.

Turns out that tunnnelbroker.ch is not behaving as reliably as expected, even with one tunnel, and basically it keeps slowing down the network when it times out or restart, thus making everything just plain worse.

I guess I'll have to wait to introduce IPv6 in my network :confused: and just stick with IPv4 for now.

Thanks anyway @trendy

You're welcome. Please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.