Mikrotik RB960PGS hEX PoE support

hi there!
i'm facing to run an wiregard VPN with an mikrotik RB960PGS hEX PoE, but currently RouterOS isnt supported it :frowning: so im very interested to use OpenWRT to handle this stuff. some research about this topic i cant find stock support for RB960PGS hEX PoE by OpenWRT?! just one post gave an hint to simple add this support. so i'm not realy sure how to add this lines of code, maybe someone can help me to build my own OpenWRT image with Mikrotik RB960PGS hEX PoE support?

greez & thx,
volker.

1 Like

@adron I saw your reply (Solution) on the linked topic (Is RB960PGS (Hex PoE/Routerbox Pro) supported?) regarding Mikrotik RB960PGS hEX PoE devices. Would you care to explain how you add support for OpenWrt in detail.

Thx Marc

Hello. Yes, sure. Here it is.

Thanks a lot for your fast reply und input we will test your solution. Will your Code be in the official OpenWrt Main Branch in the future?

Marc

I don't plan to submit this code to OpenWrt. This code is part of a closed development and under the GPL license, I just open it on request.

Hey, that's great! I would be thrilled to see your amazing invention in the main OpenWRT branch. OpenWRT is also licensed under the GPL, so I don't see any problems. Would it be okay if someone else pushed your code upstream? I plan on using the Mikrotik (RB960PGS Hex POE) in a larger project, so upstream support and continuous updates will be an important factor in keeping the project running smoothly and securely in the future.
Best regards.

Yes, that will be ok.