Meraki mx60 Uart console cable connection

my board is white, in the web is green. I need to take a picture and update

1 Like

Maybe a missing resistor on the RX pin on the router as with this, try add a 470 - 1k Ohm resistor

RX router → resistor 470 Ohm-1 kOhm → TX adapter

In this case, the terminal managed to fall out something like

ϟr▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒1▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒A▒▒ (0▒▒▒▒▒
? ▒▒▒ { ▒F▒▒▒▒▒ ^ ▒▒B▒▒▒KӉSP @ ▒ (Y <0▒0▒ $ ▒ @ ▒▒▒ ▒▒▒ 怘 ▒▒ff▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒x▒▒x▒▒▒▒▒x ~ ▒▒ 怘 ▒▒▒▒▒x▒▒f▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒ff▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒fx▒▒ ▒f ~ f▒f▒▒fxf▒▒▒▒fx▒▒ ~ ▒x▒f▒▒f ~ f▒▒f▒fx▒ ~ ▒f▒xf▒ ~ ▒▒fx▒▒x▒▒ ▒xx▒▒▒▒xx▒▒▒▒x▒▒▒xf▒▒x▒▒▒▒▒▒fxf▒x▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒f▒▒f▒fxx▒x▒ 枘 ▒x ▒f▒▒

The resistor (you can connect any, in the range from 470 ohms to 1 kOhm) fixed everything

show and tell please. I do not know how to do this, not a electrical engineer.

just add a resistor in series with the RX pin as it might be missing on the board

how? picture link example etc?

RX router → resistor 470 Ohm-1 kOhm → TX adapter

Thanks for checking!

As I said before, in my case (minicom 2.7 running on Ubuntu 16.04) the configuration above (Hardware flow control: No) is producing strings line the one below:

CCCCR�k��6k����6V��5e�u�[��������}�����������:���:z�+kk�cTڅ���#m��z��T�j��������::���J�z뻫����
�jT::***Kj::zտ��

Same with the other terminal software.

Yes.

OK, can we see it?

Mine is green.

What color is the board?

Hello!

Tested with 800 Ohms resistor without any success. :frowning:

Thanks anyway for the try!

Mine is a Meraki MX60W, model 600-16055, green, looking exactly as the one on the OpenWRT Project page - https://openwrt.org/toh/meraki/mx60) plus the wireless module installed on the right side.

1 Like

Wow, I'm at a loss of ideas, especially after someone else had success this morning.

Are you sure that you've connected:

• TX <-> RX
  • RX <-> TX
  • GND <-> GND

If you have to power your USB-to-Serial converter, be sure to apply power to the converter.

No other cables should be connected.

• To reiterate, do not apply any TTL/Serial power to the router. Only connect TX, RX and GND!
  • Be sure that the USB port used has enough power to run the adapter!

i tried everything. it is all f up. White yellow board will post picture soon

1 Like

Picture trying again, white board69884604_411566456377744_5526667588966285312_n_resize_resize

left in the picture j2 are missing pin. I think, I need to buy the pin and solder but which one? Most importantly which 3 pin left to right, first row or second row

My baord is a MX60 (without wifi) green as the wiki and have no issue accessing the serial console

2 Likes

Can you post a higher resolution image for your baord ?

Does the silkscreen match the wiki ?

7016A0512008 Ver: 1.00 meraki

The white board looks quite a bit different from the green

2 Likes

no where on the board says that. Behind says 560-32010-A. I think, I am going back to cisco 2911. Rock solid and 3750x.

Let me use dslr to take a picture.
Taken fully adjusted hi res F11 exposure ISO 100 50mm 1.2L lens

Thank you for the very nice pictures.

It most certainly looks very different from the wiki version as even the CPU is a Broadcom not a AppliedMicro APM82181

Also the JTAG port has 20 pin instead of 16 on the wiki

Thus the wiki instructions to run OpenWRT is not suited to this different version board

1 Like

i will solder with pin and connect to it but can I put wrt on it?

The JTAG method requires software and a set of instructions to perform configuring, reading and writing to NAND which are different from one device to another.

Another more direct method is the E3 Flasher method used on XBOX 360 which has a clip you attach directly to the NAND chip to read, modify and write

But this board requires a modified OpenWRT build which has not been created yet.

2 Likes