LuCI APP: luci-app-sms-tool (SMS / USSD Codes / AT Commands)

Hi @dtthhoanglong
I don't know what your problem is that you can't install the latest version. I'm just guessing it's a dependency issue. If the package has been working properly so far, there is no need to upgrade.

1 Like

Recent, i change my wwan card to EM7455. I have issue with receive sms. Current, i can sent sms, ussd and at command. But i can't receive sms. Can you guide me fix this issue ? I used Sierra Aircard EM7455 in QMI mode. Thank you.

Hi @dtthhoanglong
I don't have a crystal ball, any additional information? is there any error message? sms-tool in console shows/receives messages correctly?

MF286D on Master.
luci-app-3ginfo-lite and luci-app-atcommands both are working as intended.
luci-app-sms-tool installed without errors, but then I click on Configuration I get

Runtime error
Unhandled exception during request dispatching
/usr/lib/lua/luci/ucodebridge.lua:23: /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:204: module 'luci.cbi' not found:
no field package.preload['luci.cbi']
no file './luci/cbi.lua'
no file '/usr/share/lua/luci/cbi.lua'
no file '/usr/share/lua/luci/cbi/init.lua'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi/init.lua'
no file './luci/cbi.so'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.so'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/loadall.so'
no file './luci.so'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci.so'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/loadall.so'

In error(), file [C]
called from function [anonymous function] (/usr/lib/lua/luci/ucodebridge.lua:23)
called from function ((tail call))
In [anonymous function](), file /usr/share/ucode/luci/runtime.uc, line 148, byte 45:
  called from function [arrow function] (/usr/share/ucode/luci/dispatcher.uc:794:4)
  called from function render ([C])
  called from function render_action (/usr/share/ucode/luci/dispatcher.uc:768:24)
  called from function run_action (/usr/share/ucode/luci/dispatcher.uc:795:4)
  called from function [anonymous function] (/usr/share/ucode/luci/dispatcher.uc:998:48)
  called from anonymous function (/www/cgi-bin/luci:39:12)

`        return lcall.call(modname, method, ...args);`
  Near here ----------------------------------------^

Fixed by installing luci-compat. Worth to add a dependency?

Hi @AndrewZ
I will not add it in dependencies because then other users (of older releases) report that they cannot install because they do not have the luci-compat package.

I have rewritten the luci-app-sms-tool package to LuCI JS, so I will leave this Lua version for older OpenWrt releases.

Thank you for explanation. Will we see this new version shortly?

I current using this version: "luci-app-sms-tool 1.9.5-20220816". I like install latest version but see issue like in picture.

I don't see any announce error in Received Messages

I don't know check this problem by sms-tool in console. Can you guide me check it by putty ?

I'm wondering whether to share the package, looking at how many stars the previous version of the package had/has, it doesn't motivate.

I just rewrote the package to LuCI JS and there is no LED notification option yet.

1 Like

I don't see any new messages here, so what is it supposed to show?

in the console command:

sms_tool -d /dev/ttyUSB2 -j recv

will show if sms are read from the modem.

1 Like

It's already available.. but I can't guarantee that it works flawlessly.
luci-app-sms-tool-js

2 Likes

I don't know reason make this modem can't received sms. I tried insert this simcard into a android smartphone and it still can received sms normal. Can you sugest help me, some AT Command or solution for check problem of EM7455 card ?

Maybe the commands from this topic will help, if not, then create a topic on the forum, maybe one of the users had a similar problem and was configuring the modem.

sms-are-always-signed-as-rec-read-why-em7455b

1 Like

Thank you. I connect EM7455 to router running rooter rom and it received sms. After, i connect it to router running OpenWRT again. Now it received sms success like router use rom rooter. :slight_smile: I don't know reason, but i see some AT Command in rooter rom used:

AT+CPMS="ME","SM","SM"

AT+CPMS="SM","SM","SM"

AT+COPS=3,2;+COPS?

And i see a option in Rooter rom for select move sms from modem to Sim.

Since you are using the ROOter version, my packages are unnecessary.

I have 2 router, a install OpenWRT and a for Rooter. I only use Rooter router when OpenWRT have issue.

One of the reasons why the modem cannot receive SMS is that it does not implement the ME storage. Can you set both storages to SM?

1 Like

Current, I don't know reason why sms tool can't read sms storage on my sim card. I sent some sms to this sim card, and when sim card full. It auto move new sms to modem storage for me. I don't set secure on sim card too.

Well, this screenshot serves as another bug report. sms-tool should decode the sender, because e.g. banks can use alphanumeric and even unicode characters, not just numbers.

2 Likes

Upon following the steps on your github, and adding your repo. none of the two packages are available for my OpenWRT version

Hi @CSGO_Alpha , have you manually installed the sms-tool package?

Install and check if you added my repository correctly, because packages must be visible for installation.

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a72/packages/sms-tool_2022-03-21-f07699ab-1_aarch64_cortex-a72.ipk