Linksys e8450 bricked - UART Recovery possible?

I have bricked my linksys e8450 router and from retracing my steps I am mostly sure that I first flashed the dangowrt firmware:
openwrt-22.03.1-mediatek-mt7622-linksys_e8450-ubi-initramfs-recovery-installer to the router then via web browser luci flashed from the openwrt firmware selector page:
openwrt-23.05.2-mediatek-mt7622-linksys_e8450-ubi-squashfs-sysupgrade

this bricked the router, upon connecting via serial port, trying to boot router first the router gives uboot options, after that, getting this:

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x2300000, size 0x2000                               
 8192 bytes read: OK                                                            
[do_read_image_blks] Image format error,neither FIT image nor old image.        
Bad Magic Number.                                                               

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x2300000, size 0x0                                  
 0 bytes read: OK                                                               
bootm flag=0, states=70f                                                        
Wrong Image Format for bootm command                                            
ERROR: can't get kernel image!                                                  
MT7622>

Would using option 1 be the correct option to flash openwrt-22.03.1-mediatek-mt7622-linksys_e8450-ubi-initramfs-recovery.itb from the dangowrt github page unbrick my router?

*** U-Boot SPI NAND ***                                                       

1. System Load Linux to SDRAM via TFTP.                                    
     2. System Load Linux Kernel then write to Flash via TFTP.                  
     3. Boot master system code via Flash.                                      
     4. Boot slave system code via Flash.                                       
     5. System Load U-Boot then write to Flash via TFTP.                        
     6. System Load U-Boot then write to Flash via Serial.                      
     7. System Load ATF then write to Flash via TFTP.                           
     8. System Load Preloader then write to Flash via TFTP.                     
     U-Boot console

Press UP/DOWN to move or Press 1~8 to choose, ENTER to select 

If I flash the wrong recovery image could it potentially overwrite the boot loader and make this worse and if so I assume there is no way to find out which version I originally flashed?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bricked Linksys e8450 w/ UBI bootloader from dangowrt