Internet drops

You have a good point. I have disabled the SQM.

About the Sofware flow offloading is disabled here. What do I need to do here?

enable or not SQM depends above all on how many people use the connection (if you only use it I would disable it)

or by the type of traffic, if you make a lot of video calls / voip I would replace it, putting a QOS

1 Like

if "Sofware flow offloading" is disabled
and the network presations for you are enough personally I would not enable it

if instead like me you need to access resources that are after your better performing wan link I would enable it (but it is not advisable to do it with SQM or QOS active).

I found a good explanation about the Sofware flow offloading.

If you enable software flow offloading then you cannot use QoS and SQM. If it is disabled you can use them.
That's because "software flow offloading" means that the traffic is bypassing some of the advanced firewall features used by QoS and SQM to prioritize traffic.
It's meant to provide an "alternative" to the "hardware accelerated NAT" features offered in stock firmware that can't usually be done in OpenWrt. It's not as good as HW NAT, but it's at least halfway there

"Software Flow Offload"

mine is enabled because I'm behind CGNAT and the 4g modem/router I have is connected to a nas and my openwrt router if it doesn't enable it I have poor network performance because I can't move the nas to my lan nor correctly administer the 4g modem/router I have.

that's why I said you're lucky to have a fiber optic line.

Wow, 4G... I live in the countryside. The funny part is I don't have 4g, but I do have GPON... hehe :rofl: :rofl:... life is wild.

An exciting thing about my home network is that I have more than 47 pieces of equipment with reserved IPs and more others connected daily without a dedicated IP.

I, on the other hand, live in a small town in northern Italy, and the fiber connection hasn't arrived yet

you are twice as lucky.

Folks,
Thank you, @ncompact and @frollic, for the support. I believe we have fixed the issue.

Steps to fix my issue:

• Change the DNS from OpenDNS to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1
  • Disable SQM
  • Enable: Software flo offloading | Hardware flow offloading

Software/sites used in the troubleshooting:
Sites:

it was a pleasure to be able to help you.

could you please close the post if it's fixed.

1 Like

Folks, Updating the fix steps.

Steps to fix my issue:

• Change the DNS from OpenDNS to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1
  • Disable SQM
  • Enable: Software flo offloading | Hardware flow offloading
  • Second network interface: It has allowed having a link dedicated to WAN, instead of two VLANs (one LAN and other WAN) in the single native Raspberry Pi network interface.

Software/sites used in the troubleshooting:
Sites:

Hardware:

• Installed UE300 Usb 3.0 Tp-link

firefox is blocking connections to google services.

if you try it with chrome it works

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.