Hey Everyone! Newcomer here and excited to get started with OpenWRT.
I'm looking for an x86_64 based 4G LTE router. After doing a lot of research and also reading about the comparative throughput testing, I thought that it would be best to stick to Intel Celeron J4105 CPU moving forward since I really would like to achieve some good performance with OpenVPN based network. Since 5G cellular Internet is also, hopefully, going to be available soon, it would be nice to just have to switch the 4G/3G PCIe card with a 5G card for an upgrade and be able to get some serious speed upgrades that the Intel Celeron J4105 CPU can handle.
I really liked the boards by PC Engine, especially the apu4c2 which I would really consider for now. It's just that I wished that it had the Intel Celeron J4105 instead of the AMD GX-412TC. So basically this is what I'm looking for in the board (or even a setup, mini ITX maybe):
- Intel Celeron J4105 CPU
- 4 Ethernet Gigabit ports
- 3 PCIe slots:
- 1 for 2.4GHz WiFi
- 1 for 5GHz WiFi
- 1 for 3G/4G LTE (5G in the future) cellular internet
- SIM slot for the cellular Internet
- Optional: USB 3.0 Port(s)
- At least 2GB RAM
- SDCard for memory, no need for SATA or m.2
I've tried looking around in AliExpress but hardly found anything close to what I'm looking for, most of them have audio and video ports and just a single PCIe for the WiFi.
So to wrap things up I have two questions:
- Is there a board that matches or is close to what I'm looking for?
- I'm wondering if it is really possible to just upgrade to 5G Cellular Internet by just switching the 4G/3G PCIe card with a 5G supported one, does anyone know?