Integrated PCI Realtek Ethernet Missing Driver x86_64

He got no internet access, both NICs are unclaimed.

But if we know the NIC kmod, include it too.
Good thinking.

2 Likes

My bad - I now realize why OP has the opkg issue :rofl:

2 Likes

i tried in other pc i tried with proxy too and other ip and tor and still got this

It's something with the builder, it's not on your end.

if you're still considering building yourself, use https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/additional-software/imagebuilder

2 Likes

i tried using local image builder but my pc is too slow to build images and have read other persons complaining the builder lasted hours even using ssd and top notch equipment, is weird, i am trying my best

it tells operation not permitted when i do opkg update fails to download

image builder isn't compiling, it's assembling an image from the packages available online.

it doesn't take hours, but minutes.

3 Likes

i am speaking from my ignorance i have not used it for now, sorry

You don't have Internet access. Your NIC cards need the software packages.

1 Like

have not thinked that, will try to compile from local

[frollic@atlantis ] time make image PROFILE="generic" PACKAGES="pciutils kmod-8139too"
Calculating checksums...

real    0m47.043s
user    0m24.154s
sys     0m8.491s
[frollic@atlantis ]

it takes 1 min to build an image (on a 5650G).

1 Like

i just was afraid of what others told, sorry for being lazy.. also.. nice username i love atlantis, reminds me of sg1

update: installing linux

thanks bro, it worked the builder installed linux and ran with some problems i am back, will test the image (added pciutils and kmod-8139too)

1 Like

Do you have Internet connection?

(Same error, try the same troubleshooting steps.)

Details?

That's usually LAN, not WAN.

1 Like

the lspci worked it detects the realtek device (lan)i try the opkg update and i get the operation not permitted ifconfig only detects eth0(wan) ip is 192.168.1.1 wan cable is plugged to wan port, i have a configuration problem now

Usually eth0 is LAN with an IP of 192.168.1.1. Are you sure it's WAN?

Theory - I think your WAN may be Intel/eth1 and it's still not recognized/installed.

Provide details.

sorry, br lan is 192.168.1.1

eth0 is not ip

1 Like

This is correct, LAN is usually eth0 bridged to a device named br-lan

Now you need to verify installation of the packages for the WAN Ethernet card (i.e. the Intel NIC, which would be eth1).

the intel nic is recognized by default the problem was with the realtek im still having the no internet problem i do not know what package is wrong i alread installed kmod-8139too and pciutils i think the problem now is of etc config network

1 Like

one port is lan, 2nd is wan, move the cables.

also make sure your wan subnet isn't the same as your lan subnet.

1 Like