Integrated PCI Realtek Ethernet Missing Driver x86_64

if i do a lspci it says not found, if i do a opkg update says operation not permited

So you have a network problem.

2 Likes

i installed squash on my usb, https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=23.05.2&target=x86%2F64&id=generic
it says in the guide it would recognize realtek devices but it wont i have 2 devices :

1: integrated intel
2: realtek pci express,

if i do ifconfig wont show, if i do ip link wont show

i found the solution 3 years ago, i dont remember, it was something with kmod

i cannot find 64 here

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/openwrt_x86

Sucks when vendors have more than one product on the market, and people have to guess, doesn't it ?

But we should ?

Use your link from above, add pciutils to the package list, and install Openwrt again.

2 Likes

Did you include those packages in the list?

screen229

done but have problems the builder shows a red window instead of promt

i am trying but i get this error

Actually, I asked about the packages for the Intel and Realtek chips you have; but OK.

We'll start with the lspci issue - you'll need to fix your Internet connection first to solve the opkg issue.

But unless I misunderstand your description and screenshot, it appears that lspci is already installed.

1 Like

there is

base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear e2fsprogs firewall4 fstools grub2-bios-setup kmod-amazon-ena kmod-amd-xgbe kmod-bnx2 kmod-button-hotplug kmod-e1000 kmod-e1000e kmod-forcedeth kmod-fs-vfat kmod-igb kmod-igc kmod-ixgbe kmod-nft-offload kmod-r8169 kmod-tg3 libc libgcc libustream-mbedtls logd luci mkf2fs mtd netifd nftables odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg partx-utils ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd

i am so sorry how can i know the name of the product without opening the pc?
i recall is a realtek oh my god im sorry will open it and come back with an id, because that is true you have the reason working blind is almost impossible , i am sorry will cope more

1 Like

Wait.

The posted output doesn't match your screenshot. pciutils is missing from your list here, but included in your screenshot.

Boot a standard Linux distro and do lspci.

You're asking us?
You're the person with the PC...

3 Likes

sorry the screenshot was because i am trying to recompile the image this time with the pci utils package, i opened the box, the adapter name is rtl81390 is realtek but i cannot for some reason request a image because it prompts a red box looks like an error

That thing is ancient.

US Robotics, those were the (analogue modem) days...

1 Like

i am sorry my friend i am broke and i cannot afford a good nic... i am trying so hard like the song

found this in a forum:

> -device rtl8139

OpenWrt has a policy to try to build minimal kernel profiles and supply drivers/modules as extra packages.
Install one of

> kmod-8139too
> kmod-8139cp

but the problem is the img compiler is ... i get the red box error i do not know why there is not message

Considering you're hw isn't cutting edge, try to build an image from a slightly older release.

:face_exhaling: 22.x.x or 18.x.x ?

I was thinking the firmware builder, not DIY.

1 Like

ok is fine will try, thank you a lot fam

See: https://openwrt.org/packages/pkgdata/kmod-8139too

opkg update
opkg install kmod-8139too

Or use the firmware selector to include it if you still have an okpg issue?

1 Like