Installed Snapshot - now want to install luci how to I get internet on openwrt device

I have installed the latest snaphot on my dgnd3700v2 device. --> hence there is no Luci.
My problem is that I currently dont have internet on this deice (to do the installs )

my setup
--> <Fibre modem 192.168.20.1> --> <OpenWRT Unit 192.168.20.50 > ->

• If i connect my Fibre modem LAN port to OpenWRT LAN Port my PC gets internet via gateway 192.168.20.50 however when I SSH into the OpenWRT Device (SSH Root@192.169.20.50) doing something like ping www.google.com fails (hence i cannot install luci )
  • if I connect my Fibre Modem LAN Port to the OpenWRT WAN port, then my pc uses the OpenWRT device as the gateway. but there is no internet anywhere.

Question .. whats the easiest way to simply get internet on the device (temporarily ) so that I can install Luci

ps.. i have already done this via SSH
uci set network.lan.ipaddr="192.168.20.50"
uci set network.lan.gateway="192.168.2.1"
uci set network.lan.dns="192.168.20.1"
uci commit
/etc/init.d/network restart

Fixed the gateway address.
You can also turn off dhcp server temporarily until it is up and running.
uci set dhcp.lan.ignore='1' ; uci commit dhcp; service dnsmasq restart

2 Likes

the modem and router cant be in the same network if you want the router to be a network address translation gateway (modem on WAN port) and perform dhcp/dns for your lan .
Your fiber 'modem' is 192.168.20.X, you have to use something else for your router. the default 192.168.1.X would be fine. a reset should get you going.

the terminology is used differently in some contexts.
the openwrt documentation is here:

Thanks. dont know why i diddnt spot that typo! .. Easily connected now.

1 Like

Sometimes you are tired or not focused; happens to everyone.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.