Help with my first installation of OpenWrt mi 4a

i am disturbing here just because once i have it. i can't return it just because it is not flash-able with openwrt now. so i am finding the ways if that is really impossible to flash as it was known for sometime in opensource it should have been patched but if not it will be.
but i want to know the status. as some have said they have flashed v2 without issues.
will that invasion work on v2. i think right now i cant write it on the router if i am not wrong.

Another thing that Xiaomi does is build a new version and not change the label on the outside. A V2 router can't be distinguished from a V1 unless you power it up and connect to it, or open the case and identify the chips inside. There may be some difference on the outer retail box.

The install process is the same for either but the V2 must use a V2 build from snapshots.

1 Like

okay i need to use the snapshot right can you confirm.

you already received the URL to the images, in a previous post.

sorry but which one maybe i have missed

Okay then it is possible with daily build or snapshot right thn why on installation wiki it was said it is not possible.?

Because it hasn't been updated.

Okay thn i can do it.
That invasion also work.
And i need to flash the snapshot to work on. On a v2 model. Ok thanks.

Can you confirm that does openwrt invasion script working as it should be.

Okay finger crossed i will do it.

need at least two fingers, to be able to cross them :wink:

1 Like

i got it

is this a v1 or v2...?????@frollic

I don't own that model, but looking at the wiki, and the box and the date, I think probably you have the V2:

The earliest Global international model is labelled the 'Giga ' version (SKU: DVB4224GL, Model R4A) which shipped with v2.28.132, upgradable to v3.0.x. A revised Global international model is labelled the 'Gigabit ' version shipped with v3.x firmware.

Xiaomi is currently shipping v2 of the 4A Gigabit Edition, it's identifiable by fw version 2.30.20, and the name when assigned an IP from a DHCP (not your ISPs) via the WAN port, MiWiFi-R4AV2. This model cannot be flashed with Openwrt.

Also, the link called from this warning states there is the "R4A" version and the "R4AG" version.

1 Like

This is (most probably) no longer true though.

Firmware v

What's on the label on the bottom of the router?

1 Like

What is SN number, and MAC?