Guide on unlocking TP-Link Archer MR200 from your carrier

About the router (not modem), you can use the firmware linked in the Backing up your Router section in the wiki. It is Orange FlyBox branded.

For the modem, it's only that initial update zip, nothing else.

If I try to unzip the contents of the .zip file over the file system ( via adb shell ), and I end up breaking it, then will the stock Orange work?

I could not backup the firmware, because it is a non-standard providor installation, and I won't go and buy a RaspberryPi to try and fix it ig broken because it would be quicker and less hassle to buy a new MR200.

Hi,

Your .zip file is approx 46Mb, and some 96Mb when uncompressed.

The file system only has this:

# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                36.6M     30.8M      5.8M  84% /
tmpfs                    64.0K         0     64.0K   0% /dev
tmpfs                    18.7M         0     18.7M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mtdblock18          50.9M     31.9M     19.0M  63% /usr
/dev/mtdblock12          65.4M     45.8M     19.5M  70% /cache
/dev/mtdblock13           4.4M    780.0K      3.6M  17% /misc
tmpfs                     1.0M     52.0K    972.0K   5% /var/volatile
/ # 

There is not enough space on the device to put the files there.

Modem is different, the Orange firmware is for the router itself, the modem has no link to it.

Those various mtdblocks are mounted as folders, so you should calculate the space together, and you should replace the files.

got it.

Do you know what happened to file /etc/mobileap_eri_config.bin referenced in /etc/mobileap_cfg.xml. I cannot find the .bin file in my existing installation, but it is referenced in the /etc/mobileap_cfg.xml. Wondered if it had some settings.

The APN settings are in : /etc/NetIspInfo.ini

[206,10]
IPVersion=0
APN=web.res.be
UserName=
UserPass=
Auth=CHAP
Name=Orange
Package=Easy Internet @Home
Country=Belgium

[208,1]
IPVersion=0
APN=orange-mib
UserName=orange
UserPass=orange
Auth=CHAP
Name=Orange
Package=Orange Entreprise(default)
Country=France

I am looking for the sim lock settings, but to no avail.

Couldn't find it in my system either, probably leftover from compilation of the system, there are some other referenced files that don't exist as well.

Sorry, which address need to enter on Total commander to connect with "adb", i try 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.225;1 but can't connect.

i want to personalize: webserver/www folder, or do you have idea to access this folder using Interface tool ?
thank you

Do you have any idea to update dashboard version MR200(UN) 1.0 please?

My idea is to replace www folder, but, i don't know how to do it, because i can't connect adb on Total commander tool (plugins already installed)!.

Hey there. To personalize the TP-LINK router interface (not modem), you need to connect via the serial interface. To connect to the modem you need to flash the OpenWRT firmware and connect via WiFi afterwards to be able to connect to the modem via ADB.

Hi :blush:
yes, i already installed OpenWrt, and i want to update TP-LINK MR200(UN) 1.0 so, i already download latest firmware and extract web folder and want to replace this in to my mr200, i don't know, maybe it work :sweat_smile:

Hello everyone,
sorry, do you have idea to update the MR200_Modem.zip ?

I was trying it, but show : update failed and TP-Link Web Interface also not function correctly :sleepy:
so any solution to fix it ?

i check the system/etc/default_config/product and have these infor!ations:

################################################################################
# Product information
################################################################################
config product info
	option board_type    "mdm9225"
	option product_type  "mr200-un-v1"
	option product_id    "02000001"
	option product_id_ext "02000201"
	option product_name  "MR200(UN) 1.0"
	option hardware_ver  "1.0"
	option firmware_ver  "1.0.0"
	option firmware_ver_build  "Build 18/08/22 10:10:08 Rel.48n OFR"
	option product_region   "UN"
	option product_series "MR200"
	option vendor_name   "TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd."
	option ssid_prefix   "TP-LINK_LTE_MODULE_"

# Feature configuration
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# You can add any feature flags here.
# DEMO
config feature packageA
	option feature1       "1"
	option feature2       "2"

# DEMO
config feature packageB
	option feature1       "AAA"
	option feature2       "BBB"

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# kernel & driver
config driver usb
	option vid "0x2357"
	option pid "0x000D"

config driver wlan
	option mac_address "00:11:22:33:44:55"

config driver lte
    option imei "000000000000000"
    option simNumber "0"
    option imsi "0"

# apps
config feature login
	option hostname     "tplinkmifi.net"

config feature storageshare
	option own_username "0"
	option own_password "0"

config feature charge
	option power_bank_detect_support "0" # 0: not support, 1: support
	option battery_capacity "0" # refer to battery_capacity_t, charge\charge.h
	option shutdown_no_battery_support "0" # 0: not support, 1: support

config feature ntpclient
    option timezone '0'
    option hw_time  '0'
    option sys_time  '0'
    option index    '25'

config feature wlanwarn
    option launch "0"

config feature rndisinfo
    option get_rndis_info  "0"

config feature update
    option domain  "http://upgrade.tp-link.com/SystemUpdate/lte/"

# others

I'm sorry for different question, i don't have more knowledge about OpenWrt tips>
Thank you.

Hey there. That happens if the software revision is higher than the one to be flashed or your modem is already unlocked.

I don't know really Sir, because my Archer MR200 is locked on Orange carrier before, and i installed the OpenWrt firmware on it.
After, when i connect on 192.168.225.1/login.html, it already detects sim card and network (maybe already unlocked after the OpenWrt installation)

BUT: can not connect

(i already set the APN config)

and, i try to update the MR200_Modem.zip file also from 192.168.225.1 and have the above error.

Now: i want to know if possible Sir: how to connect the device correctly with SIM card ? Or is it having solution to fix the Tp-link interface to activate the Connection data; WIFI or must i flash using programmer tool the Orange chip backup ?

Thank you very much.

Hi thanks for the great help and guidance . Just to add i have successful unlocked my MR200. i run Openwrt firmware. When i tried to flush the orange one it got bricked i was able to reload WRT from the recovery. now i am interested in WInd firmware that you have if you can share it? My router was wind locked so i think if i flush the same you have dumped i will be able to restore it. The lights as you said are all over the place .
Thanks in advanced

Hey, I used a great dump based on MR200 V2. It fully works with no issues.

https://xwtk.cloud/delivery/ArcherMR200_v2.rar

After installing and booting the router for the first time, hold the reset button so the router factory resets, this is required as some data from the dump is from another router, such as RF calibration data. After the reset, you won’t have any issues.

Thanks for the answer . when i try to flash the V2 firmware from lede i get the following.
"The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform. "
Should i flash it with the recovery procedure with tftp?

You need to flash it via SOIC8

Thanks i was wondering how i could return back to stock firmware but with unlocked modem. i will stay with lede as i do not have the equipment o make the above happen .

Hi i decided to make an attempt to flash the bios just to confirm i have to flash the MX25L6433 on the back side of the board?
Thanks in advanced