[GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

From wikidevi:

WI1 chip1: Quantenna QT3740BC
WI1 chip2: Quantenna QT2518B
WI1 802dot11 protocols: an+ac
WI1 MIMO config: 4x4:4

Only i see the 4x4 for 5GHz wifi?

Yes, that's a little bit confusing for me. The textual description states: WLAN: Two 2x2 2.4GHz external antenna, Three 3x3 5GHz internal antenna....

The count of antenna doesn't corresponds to the mimo capabilities.

Hi @juppin, honestly I'm not a expert on this topic, but it was my understanding that if the number of antennas matters or not is related to the way MIMO is used. In case of spatial streams the maximum number of streams (150mbit each) is limited by the lesser of the number of antennas at the transmitter or receiver. This fits also to the 450max on the indicated router above.
Please see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIMO

I am trying to do a sysupgrade on my Archer C7 v2, to get a build running with kernel 4.14 (ath79 instead of ar7xx, which it is now running), and I get the following error:

root@router tmp# sysupgrade -v openwrt-ath79-generic-tl-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
Device archer-c7 not supported by this image
Supported devices: tplink,tl-archer-c7-v2
Image check 'fwtool_check_image' failed.

My device is definitely a V2, but somehow openwrt does not think so... Are there any ways around that (besides a tftp recovery with the new image)?

Please check here https://forum.openwrt.org/t/ath79-builds-with-all-kmod-packages-through-opkg-flow-offloading/15897?, I think you should ask there.

If you have read my first post in my ath79 build thread you know what you have to do...

For first time flashing from ar71xx you have to use the force option -F.

Handling for sysupgrade has changed and the name of your device does also not mach between ar71xx and ath79.

Did you try the web interface?

On web interface you have no force option, so impossible to flash from luci.

Thanks, I missed that one. Also changed the device paths for the wifi radios and everything works fine now.

Another way to do it is using the breed boot loader flashing option.

I have been using this build since it really can route fast, but for some reason it kills my cable modem. Both the good old cisco epc 3208 as well as the annoyingly bad Puma-6 using Compal CH7465LG. They simply die in a very strange way - their web management pages still work, but they refuse to route any new traffic. Ping outside is not working. Restarting the router does not help, but restarting the modem resolves the issue instantly. My ISP spoke with me during the issue and they confirmed even they are unable to connect to the modem when the issue happens. I actually once managed to trigger the issue by simply rebooting the router remotely.

My theory is that somehow it sends some weird packet towards the modem; a packet the modem doesn't know how to handle in such a catastrophical way that it fails and stops working until rebooted. Must be some bug in the modem firmware for sure too because it should never fail this way, but still...

This has never happened before I used this build and also doesn't happen if I connect my PC directly to the modem, so it's definitely something to do with the firmware. I've now switched to Ath79 builds with all kmod packages through opkg [flow offloading] (because I need fast path OR offloading as my internet speeds are 300+ Mbit and sometimes the router is just not fast enough @ stock openwrt). So.. any ideas what this might be? It'm positive it's the firmware because it definitely is caused by the router and it only happens when I am using your build. I couldn't find any info on it anywhere else.

Are you spanish and is you ISP Vodafone?

I have been noticing that with the new DNS package it's ignoring about half of the statically defined ip's I've setup in luci ... is there a new way to set my static ip definitions in luci?

Thanks for your time,
Bobby

what does your lease file look like?

This sometime occurs when the ISP rotates DHCP servers, and a unicast DHCP renew does not reach the original DHCP server. The fix is to always send multicast DHCP requests, and that is controlled by the 'use broadcast flag' setting under Network->Interfaces->WAN->Advanced Settings.

Does it have something to do with the modems kernel version?

Hi,

Any new build w 18.6.x opendrt?

Thx

Please, make a new build based on 18.6.1 version. Thank you!

Hi! I compiled an image for myself 1 week ago from master branch using @shunjou's repo (ath79 for Archer C7 v2), and this morning the PPPoE client couldn't connect back, I have to manually push the connect button. I've never had this problem ever, using OpenWRT/Lede in the last 5 years.
And I saw a script for this in his repo: is this a known problem? If so, does it only affect the ath79 builds or the entire 18.06.x releases?
Thanks