Flashing issues Fritz!Box 7430 - I need help!

Dear all

I am trying to install OpenWRT on my Fritzbox 7430, but it doesn't work :frowning:

On the device site https://openwrt.org/toh/avm/avm_fritz_box_7430 the generic install is linked, so I tried to update via the original WebUI first, but that failed with an error.

As next step I connected via FTP, that worked, but I miss some information on this site: https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=6c85a449a988876fdfd4ce84d6aa5ffe4a2820c1

1. Run the eva_ramboot.py script: How can I do this?
  2. If linux_fs_start is 1, you will need to reset it to 0: How can I do this by FTP?
  3. Now you should be able to flash the device using sysupgrade.: What does this mean? Do I need the sysupgrdae file for this?

Other question: How to flash with TFTP? Do I nedd a special image file or can I use the normal install firmware? Is it availabe by using a TFTP client or do I need to use a TFTP server?

Thanks a lot for answering my questions!

BR
ch78

.py = python

check AVM FRITZ!Box 7412 stuck in ramboot - #3 by nicefile

you do.
it's done by scp:ing the sysupgrade image to the routers /tmp folder, then running sysupgrade /tmp/sysupgrade.img.name, while ssh:ed to the initramfs.

did you find any info about it being flashable via TFTP ?

Thanks for your answer so far.
So I will try to use python, but the eva_ramboot.py is available on the fritzbox already, right? I have to run it by FTP?
And the sysupgrdae I have to do by ssh?

no, since you run it on your client.

google "eva_ramboot.py"

the actual command yes, need to transfer the image to the router.1st.

Sorry, there are still some steps unclear. I am connected by FTP and set linux_fs_start to 0. What do I have to do next? Copy the eva_ramboot.py to the box (how?) or running a script (how?). Do I need both .bin files (initramfs-kernel and squashfs-sysupgrade)? Do I have to rename the .bin files to .image? How to run the .bin file(s)?

That's what the instructions say.

You were already told where the script's supposed to run.

(.py still equals python.)

That does the git commit say ?

No, why ?

You can't, the router however, can.

You will find a detailed how to link in Unbrick FRITZ!Box 7430.

1 Like

Thanks, the URL was helpful, installing OpenWRT was successful now.

1 Like