Error when installing LuCI

Installing luci (git-20.074.84698-ead5e81) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/luci/luci_git-20.074.84698-ead5e81_all.ipk
Installing libnl-tiny1 (2021-11-21-8e0555fb-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/base/libnl-tiny1_2021-11-21-8e0555fb-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libnl-tiny1 wants to install file /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so
	But that file is already provided by package  * libnl-tiny
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.

I seems that it still have same problem (on different architecture):

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install luci
Installing luci (git-20.074.84698-ead5e81) to root...
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/luci/luci_git-20.074.84698-ead5e81_all.ipk
Installing libnl-tiny2022-05-17 (2022-05-17-b5b2ba09-1) to root...
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/base/libnl-tiny2022-05-17_2022-05-17-b5b2ba09-1_arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4.ipk
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libnl-tiny2022-05-17 wants to install file /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so
        But that file is already provided by package  * libnl-tiny1
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.
root@OpenWrt:~#

on netgear xr500 snapshot :

BusyBox v1.35.0 (2022-05-17 17:54:25 UTC) built-in shell (ash)
 -----------------------------------------------------
 OpenWrt SNAPSHOT, r19657-efd9463dcf

my workaround:

mv /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so~

That is not a solution and will cause crashes.

This is typical issue with snapshots and simply needs upgrading to a newer base image.

Qq: @slh I didn't found this on Attended system upgrade ) if I do sys upgrade (to newest snapshot version) do I lose all of my installed programs and configs? Thanks

If you use plain sysupgrade, the configs will (should) remain, but runtime installed packages will disappear - that's what asu promises to avoid (but I'm not using it myself).

1 Like

If I spot correctly after sysupgrade
stayed:

/etc/config/* (or even was it /etc/*? )
/overlay/upper

but sadly it removed /cleaned:

/home/*
/root/*

That is correct, conffiles need to be declared as such - for OpenWrt packages that is usually done, manually added stuff needs to be explicitly listed as such via sysupgrade.conf.

1 Like

That is correct, conffiles need to be declared as such - for OpenWrt packages that is usually done, manually added stuff needs to be explicitly listed as such via sysupgrade.conf.

thanks @slh. Its location's /etc/sysupgrade.conf - I already created my list to be preserved during sysugrade;)

BTW I found here good reference for: sysupgrade

I met the same installation issue. Didn't get what do you mean about simply needs upgrading to a newer base image .

I did a sys upgrading, but still has this issue, anything I need special operation?

Hello, seems that the same error came up on r22480-18d516a649 for ipq40xx at least. I just upgraded to snapshot and got

Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libnl-tiny2022-11-01 wants to install file /usr/lib/libnl-tiny.so
	But that file is already provided by package  * libnl-tiny2023-04-02
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-ssl.

Did someone found a working solution for this?
Regards

Waiting.
Libnl was bumped today, and there is conflicting info about the version, as buildbot has two separate phases. The dependencies will clear in 1-3 days.
Wait a few days and try again.

Alternative is to build everything from sources. That works also right now.

1 Like

Hi and thanks. Can you tell me how to install next snapshot from console? I,m on linux client, I've found something like this, is correct?

scp firmware_image.bin root@openwrt.lan:/tmp
sysupgrade -v /tmp/firmware_image.bin

I guess "firmware_image.bin" should be replaced with full path to local image downloaded.
Thanks

Looks ok. (Scp done in pc, then sysupgrade in router console)

Alternative to scp would be to fetch the file directly from the router, instead of downloading it to PC. Works if you want a file from OpenWrt download repo.

cd /tmp
wget file-url
sha256sums filename
sysupgrade filename

(Many terminal software allow you to copy-paste the download link URL from the browser page to terminal.)

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I will try in a few days as you told.
Regards

Worked very well. Btw it's " sha256sum filename" not " sha256sums filename " just a typo of course.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.