Dumb Access Point has no internet

You're welcome!

I've no idea about fast roaming, I'm afraid; never played with it. Perhaps another forum member may have some advice to offer.

Fast roaming is very easy to setup if you choose wpa2/psk as security mechanism. In that case it is just 4 settings per wifi. The mobility domain can be skipped, then the default is used. The nasid has to be unique on each access point (or to be more precise on each hostapd process). Just take the mac of the wireless radio here. It is also different between 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz.

option ieee80211r '1'
option ft_over_ds '1'
option ft_psk_generate_local '1'
option nasid '<use mac without colons here>'
1 Like

Just wanted to check back in and thank you all for your help, I purchased some better RJ45 plugs, and was able with some work, to get my 45m cable working properly, and now the dumb access point is working perfectly and I also got fast roaming setup too!

I apologise for wasting time here with an issue that was actually caused by the bad cable/my workmanship rather than bad settings...although I learned a huge amount about openwrt and networks through this process and I think the AP is setup the better for it, thanks to the settings you all taught me...thanks!

3 Likes

You're welcome, thanks for coming back and giving us the answer. Glad you got your cable working right!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.