DLink DIR-853 A3

As the previous webtransfer link you shared with someone expired... So i don't have that one.

If you want the latest snapshot you can use it directly from openwrt snapshot image. Link below.

I hope you are familiar with how to flash the image. Snapshots do not have Luci installed by default but you can install it by running from ssh:

opkg update && opkg install luci

After that you can use your browser to access the router web page.

When you said the wireless was weak, can you please explain what issues you had?

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-dlink_dir-853-a3-squashfs-factory.bin

@kar200 thanks a lot. Yeah flashing is nothing to me. That's quite easy.

For signals. After flashing openwrt, the wifi signals for 2.4g and 5Ghz are so weak. Like even i get 1 bar of wifi even sitt8ng just a meter away from router

1 Like

I did not have these symptoms myself. Try with the latest snapshot and let me know how it went.

Also make sure to add the country code for each wireless card and make sure you always set the first card to 2.4 and the second one to 5.

@kar200 thanks a lot. Once i do, will give you the update then.

@kar200 hi. After rc2, i flashed the snapshot image which you sent via web. And i think it bricked th device... As power amber light is coming up and goes...so tried to reset also. But nothing. Do you have the uboot image? Or i should go with some other way to recover it.

I am wondering why it bricked. As every step was ok in my opinion.

Sorry I relied on this and the fact you said you are on padavan at the moment. If you flashed RC2 first then you would need to use the sysupgrade image and not the factory image.

Does the router bootloops (reboot continuously) or does it boot and stop (the power light becomes blue and stops there).

1 Like

@kar200 i think in continuous bootlooop. Power light comes up and then complete off and again same. Repeating that all the time

@kar200 i have two routers. The main one is running padavan... And another one is the one which got bricked.

Unfortunately it is bricked and can only be recovered through console (opening the router). How did you flash the factory image on the second router? Did you use the mtd command or did you force update through Luci in openwrt?

Hi @kar200, initially from stock fw, i flashed rc2, and then flashed snapshot you provided. At that time. I was able to go in failsafe mode also. So from there i again flaahed rc2. And then did flashed snapshot via luci web... And after than, i cannot even go to failsafe mode.

Yeah i already opened the router. But i need to know the terminals of serial port.

Do i need ti have usb to ttl? Os can i just jump the pins etc.

Thanks in advance... :heart:

Here is another snap.

Ok that will make it easier. Yes you do need a TTL device and a soldering device.

The pins are on the top left just below the 2 buttons from the back (wifi and wps I believe).

The connections are
VCC,RX,TX,GND

You don't need to connect VCC. RX and TX are connected to their opposites (RX-TX and TX-RX).

@kar200 superb. I am just going to purchase usb to ttl. And will give it a try. Btw i am purchasing below device.

Yes this should work the issue would be with the pins. Not sure if you can take the device somewhere and get them soldered or find another way.

You might already have a device at home that does that. Do you have a raspberry pi or Arduino?

1 Like

Hi @kar200 i am thinking to solder pins with 4 pin extender and then connect that with usb to ttl.

Yeah i have raspberry bi but in my hime country. I don't have here in dubai.

@kar200 by the way i have soldering kit. So i am not worried at all.

1 Like

Ok then you are all set.

Will update you once i setup everything.

@kar200 btw after getting connected over console. Do i need to flash stock? And what commands usually you use for the recovery process.

Bundle of thanks in advance