DGA4132 how to install libubox

Hello, I was messin around with my router and I stumbled across a package that required me to install a newer version of libubox, so I uninstalled my package thinking I could install a different version with opkg, but now i just cant use opkg anymore because libubox isn't anymore on my pc, is it possible to manually reinstall libubox with winscp or maybe with curl without having to reinstall the entire firmware?
Thanks for the answers in advance

what exactly did you do (what were the commands)? what package were you installing and where did it come from? And finally, what is the output of:

ubus call system board

EDIT: Is your device actually running OpenWrt? The DGA4132 is a Technicolor device, right? If so, it's not listed in the table of hardware and according to this thread it will never be supportable by OpenWrt.

Hi, I guess you're a fellow italian :smile:
First of all people here probably can't help you, because as you might know OpenWRT is not officially supported on your device. As I have a DGA4131, which is similar software-wise, maybe I can help you.
If I understand correctly you aren't able to use opkg anymore because of the package you removed (otherwise you could simply run opkg update; opkg install libubox). If that's the case you have a chance of solving your problem in this way:

1. Connect via WinSCP and read the content of /etc/opkg.conf: it contains the list of the URLs of your repos.
  2. The package you need is in one of the repos that end with /base.
  3. Once you have downloaded the package, you need to extract it multiple times with e.g. 7-zip (even if the file has no extension you can extract it anyway) until you have 4 files (in different folders): libubox.so, control, postinst, prerm.
  4. With WinSCP copy libubox.so in /lib.
  5. Rename the other 3 files in libubox.control, libubox.postinst, libubox.prerm and copy them in /usr/lib/opkg/info.
  6. Reboot.

In this way you basically do opkg's job manually, I hope this helps you.

Hi, i checked and my repo url is in /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf but it contains a link to a repo (http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/brcm6xxx-tch/VBNTJ_502L07p1/packages) that is not available anymore, the repo of macoers (https://repository.macoers.com/homeware/19/brcm6xxx-tch/VANTW/base/) contains a list of all the packages for dga4132 but I suppose i should probably update my whole opkg if I install libubox from that repository right?

Did you get that macoers repo from /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf? In that case, it's ok to install libubox from that one and no, you don't need to update every package. Actually you shouldn't, because you risk breaking something else (software-wise, obviously). It's always safer not to upgrade packages already installed, keep the default ones.