Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Gotcha! Appreciate the response, and apologies for a bit of a duplicate question. New to the forums here, and the search / scroll of the forums throws me for a bit of a loop.

Have a good one!

Thanks, will give it a try.

Hi David,

did the thermal logging in stats/graph displays get fixed in the latest build? I remember they were broken in the previous one.

It not broken, it's just absent in default config. Latest release too.
Just install collectd-mod-sensors and enjoy.

1 Like

so I installed it and I still don't have graphs (at all.. I don't even have the system load graphs)

I'm running the previous build, not the present one.

Question.. I have a WRT1900ACv1 that just died. RIP she was a great router! Anyway, I want to replace it with a WRT1900ACS. After flashing the proper image, can I simply restore my settings and be back in business or do I need to re-configure everything from scratch?

If I need to re-configured everything, might it be better to go for the 3200ACM? I want to stick with David's builds...

//Brew

I did a full vanilla install of the latest build and after adding the collectd-mod-sensors everything is back to normal.

when are you going to include this and the dnscrypt-proxy2 config to the default install? upgrading firmware has now become a multi-step process in order to get everything working.

1 Like

They’re different cpu’s And network/wireless configs. Restoring would be asking for trouble in my opinion.

If it was a 1900ac v2 you might have got away with it.

Turns out... my router totally reset sometime over night and lost it's mind.. No idea why. I re-flashed and restored my settings and it's all good now!

//Brew

Did you enable this plugins in Statistics-Setup-General plugins? Did you have a tab with this name?

I update from ACv1 to 3200 this way.... And got some issues.

First, check wifi adapter paths - it can different between models.
Second, this guys put some hardware config files into backup (crazy, but it is) - so, most probably, you can't update firmware anymore, until you put right fw_env.config into /etc (for example)

So yes, you can restore backup, but there are some dragons living here. Do it after hardware config files backup and then you know, what you doing.

yes and no.

I think it's something to do with the theme, once I got the graphs working, I left it alone and then the next time I checked, they had disappeared again. After I rebooted the router they came back again.

I also have issues with the way dynamic text on the page is displayed, sometimes it appears underneath the sidebar and I have to resize the screen in order to be able to read what it says.

Did we ever find out what packages / versions of packages could potentially affect OpenWrt with DNS Flag Day, and if they've since been resolved? Something I've been thinking about in the background, but don't personally know enough about OpenWrt under the hood to understand how this may affect someone with just a default installation.

unbound (but resolved in 1.9.0); do people still use bind?

You might want to consider the WRT32X. Same internals as the WRT3200ACM and is only about $110 'renewed' on Amazon. That's how I bought mine.

By the way Linksys has just been terrible lately, I don't know what happened to that company but they completely stopped supporting their routers, there hasn't been an OEM firmware update in over a year for any of their routers. Mwlwifi project has almost no support anymore either. Sure glad we have OpenWrt though.

1 Like

I was reading up on mwlwifi lately and saw this thread https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/344

I wonder if this has thrown a wrench into things. Unsure myself, but others commenting on it have made me wonder what is going on.

1 Like

So I'm trying to update with .bin file from kernel 4.14.82 and every time I try the hash is right on the download but when I go into flash the hash does not match. so it will not update?? Not sure why this is happening. I'm using Shelby. It has worked before but ever since the 4.14.82 kernel I have not been able to update.

Please take a screen shot of the LuCi error.

A work around would be to transfer the .bin to /tmp directory on the router and issue the sysupgrade command. Something like this... #sysupgrade -F /tmp/nameof.img

EDIT Just make sure the right image is flashed.

Yes, it happened sometimes. That's why i switch to classic Bootstrap style.

I don't recommend to use -F - it's fast and easy way to brick router, unless you sure. Yes, our WRTs have 2 firmware, but have one bricked not so good anyway.
Instead, i prefer to use -c to keep configuration.