Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

@davidc502 I am the newcomer of your package. Thanks for your effort. Would you mind to include transmission package in your feeds ?

Hi. First of all I'd like to thank for davidc502 and all contributors for the sw. I'm running it on WRT1900ACS without problems. Today I downloaded build r8082 and started the upgrade using the sysupgrade file. After selecting and uploading it gives an error: "The backup archive does not appear to be a valid gzip file."

Could someone advise on it?
Thanks

Hi . do it this way , if you want to do it while maintaining the configuration

sysupgrade -b /tmp/backup

sysupgrade -f /tmp/backup /tmp/code.bin

Btw, is the OpenVPN page Bug fixed in the latest build?

Yes, it has been fixed.

1 Like

Hi - what is the status of MU-MIMO support for WRT32X? Is it included or we need to wait?

MU-MIMO is being worked on, but I don't know when it will be completed. You can read more about it here -> https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/296

I keep telling people I don't know what they are expecting MU-MIMO is going to do, and they are likely to be disappointed when they find out there is no noticeable/perceivable difference.

I've upgraded to the latest build, installed ebtables and VPR and restored my backup config.
Everything seems to be working so far... :slight_smile:

Anyone know the status of hardware accelerated cryptography with OpenSSH? From what I can tell, there are 3 pieces that need to work. Kernel driver (/dev/crypto) , openssl library, and openssh. In David's build of OpenWRT/LEDE, the first 2 part working, but openssh doesn't seem to work. I did some research and it looks like in OpenSSH 7.5, they removed the ability to change the UsePrivilegeSeparation configuration. Since version 7.5, it is now hard coded to "sandbox" mode, which prevents opening "/dev/crypto" and doing ioctls on it which are needed to do in order for the openssl library to use the linux driver for acceleration.

Am I correct in all of this? If so, what I was thinking may work is if I find an old version of OpenSSH 7.4, or if I make a patch for OpenSSH to get it to work. I haven't found an already built package of OpenSSH 7.4 to try, does anyone know where I can find one? Also does anyone know where I can find documentation on building openwrt/lede packages?

My main goal is to have hardware acceleration for file transfers via ssh so that it will be faster, and use less CPU. I want to use ssh instead of something else like ftps because ssh is better supported for what I am doing and I don't want to open up a second attack vector when I'm already using ssh.

I am out of time for today but should be able to circle back around tomorrow.....

Anyhow, there's not a CPU hit when using SSH/SCP currently. Below is a screen shot of scp at over 250mbps uploading to the internet, and not even using 10% cpu over all. Maybe there's another scenario you are talking about?

Thank you for feedback. Reason i'm asking was related to different connection speeds which was reached by me. My internet acces is on the 500/30Mb level - with original WRT32X firmware i can reach full speed (using Asus USB AC68 WiFi card also with mu-mimo support). When instaling your compilation max is on the level 200-220mb. Maybe needed to reconfigure something. Playing with channel width on level 160Mhz ends with Wifi interface down...

That is 1 difference between the factory driver and OpenSource - MU-MIMO. The question is if that is what's keeping you from getting the same results as the factory wifi driver.

1 Like

Well the Open Source driver is still worse than the stock one (comptibilty and performance wise).
E.g. i'm still having issues with the latest open source driver and my Intel 8260 wifi Adapter where the stock driver has no issues and better performance/throughput in general.
I've posted this issue several month ago at github and many people confirmed it but the dev hasn't gave any feedback or a status of progress.
Imho it's very sad we can't use the stock wifi driver in openwrt...

@davidc502
Can i simply disable Samba4 and igmpproxy from System >> Startup if i dont use or need them atm? Or is the a better way to disable them?

I would just uninstall them.

I've disabled both via start and rebooted the router. Worked like a charm...

1 Like

Thanks, I installed the latest build and it works great on my WRT1900ACS v2. I use an OpenVPN client. Should I consider switching to softethervpn now that it is in the repository? In other words, would I expect some increase in performance?

Feel free to test it out and see if it indeed does have performance increases.

How about 160MHz-wide channel in 5G? I can't make it working now at 7581, ok, let me try the latest (the problem with latest releases i active Transmission user - yes, i know you position about it - so playing with repo links to find correct version make me sad).

Do you guys have the Disassociate On Low Acknowledgement option ticked at your wifi interfaces?