Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Hi,
I'm trying to make igmpproxy work to forward my multicast local br-lan (not wan) across other subnets (my openvpn tun0). I struggled for weeks but no luck. I'm too newbie to fully debug and get an idea. It could be faulty igmpproxy or (likely) faulty firewall rules for igmp or udp. BTW I've read several times that to make igmpproxy work correctly I need a package called kmod-bridge installed. Now I have the r5917-36f1978a70 and I checked in the packages repo but this package is not there. Actually I wasn't able to find it in none of David's repos for all releases . Is that because it's not needed anymore or it's just missing and wuthout it igmpproxy will never work as I wish?

Thanks.
Pino.

kmod-bridge is no longer available because it is now built into the kernel.

Do you have a different subnet for each LAN port?

To update the wifi driver, in place, the kernel versions must match exactly.

Thanks for reply.
Basically I have the default /etc/config/network configuration so eth0 / eth0.1 for my lan and the default switch0 setting. My eth1 / eth1.2 points to my modem which gets wan from my ISP. Basically I'd like (among other things) to forward my LENKENG HDMI streamer's traffic ( https://blog.danman.eu/new-version-of-lenkeng-hdmi-over-ip-extender-lkv373a/#comment-80877 Great and cheap device! I really suggest to get one) to my openvpn and be able to see from office (openvpn client) my home's Nvidia Shield Chromecast server. Not sure if everything is possible. I read that for these purpose I should give up igmpproxy and use instead smcroute but still trying.

hi davidc502,

i run the script dnscrypt-proxy V2 first time everything went ok
and i try to check DNSSEC resolver test it always fail http://dnssec.vs.uni-due.de/

unless i manually go to the setting Network>Interfaces>Wan>Advanced Setting and uncheck the option Use DNS servers advertised by peer then DNSSEC resolver test passed just letting you know may be need to alter the script to work.

thanks for your hard work, regards.

thanks madbad,

I'll check to see if this option over-rules the DNS forwarding configuration. If it does, I'll need to have the script uncheck this option.

Thanks,

@madbad

I've confirmed the option to use DNS servers advertised by peer does not over-ride clients resolving. However, it does over-ride the routers resolving behavior.

I tested the dnssec test a few times, and this is the response. "Yes, your DNS resolver validates DNSSEC signatures."

Sounds like there is a configuration issue.

Thanks for the confirmation, is that the option safe to use?

Regards

? "to use DNS servers advertised by peer" ? I don't see why you would want to have the setting on.

i mean without that setting

Packages from my repo can only be installed on top of official releases, you cannot mix @davidc502's build with my packages; you must either wait for @davidc502 to update his builds, or install an official release.

News from Belkin.

BELKIN INTERNATIONAL, INC. ACQUISITION BY FOXCONN INTERCONNECT TECHNOLOGY (FIT) CLOSES BY WAY OF MERGER.

TAIPEI and LOS ANGELES – September 21, 2018 – Today marks a milestone for Belkin International as we unite with Foxconn Interconnect Technology Limited (FIT) to create a complete ecosystem of consumer products, software, hardware and manufacturing, directed towards both home and business. The joining of strength and knowledge ensures our mantle as a global leader in technology. Together, we connect people and technology with the experiences they want to enjoy. The future is bright and includes meaningful and exciting engagements within FIT and the broader Foxconn family.

News from Foxconn here:

http://www.fit-foxconn.com/

Foxconn main site here:

http://www.foxconn.com/

Rick

Wow, the official Foxconn website looks kinda cheap...

I think they are a Chinese company.

Foxconn is a Taiwanese company; NOT mainland China.

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group, better known as Foxconn is a Taiwanese multinational electronics contract manufacturing company with its headquarters in Tucheng, New Taipei, Taiwan. Today, it is the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer and the fourth-largest information technology company by revenue. The company is the largest private employer in Taiwan and one of the largest employers worldwide. Its founder and chairman is Terry Gou.

Foxconn manufactures electronic products for major American, Canadian, Chinese, Finnish and Japanese companies. Notable products manufactured by Foxconn include the BlackBerry, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle, Nintendo 3DS, Nokia devices, Xiaomi devices, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox One., and the TR4 CPU socket on some motherboards. As of 2012, Foxconn factories manufactured an estimated 40% of all consumer electronics sold worldwide.

Read more here:

I'm 73 years old.
If my memory is correct Foxconn started out making wiring harness (for autos, etc.) AND Christmas tree lights.

Rick

1 Like

lol - Talk to the Chinese! :wink:

I just uploaded r8080 to the server, and new images are ready to be downloaded.

Kernel version = 4.14.70
WiFi driver = 10.3.8.0-2018091820 << Updated Firmware too
Build = r8082

By request a new package has been added to the repository - softethervpn

softethervpn - 4.25-9656-1 - SoftEther VPN ("SoftEther" means "Software Ethernet") is one of the world's most powerful and easy-to-use multi-protocol VPN software developed as an academic project from University of Tsukuba, Japan. SoftEther VPN has strong compatibility to today's most popular VPN products among the world. It has the interoperability with OpenVPN, L2TP, IPsec, EtherIP, L2TPv3, Cisco VPN Routers and MS-SSTP VPN Clients. SoftEther VPN is the world's only VPN software which supports SSL-VPN, OpenVPN, L2TP, EtherIP, L2TPv3 and IPsec as a single VPN software. SoftEther VPN is not only an alternative VPN server to existing VPN products (OpenVPN, IPsec and MS-SSTP), but has also original strong SSL-VPN protocol to penetrate any kinds of firewalls. Ultra-optimized SSL-VPN Protocol of SoftEther VPN has very fast throughput, low latency and firewall resistance.

2 Likes

The new build shows as r8082 in Status overview.

1 Like

Thanks -- Edited

is there a changelog for the new firmware?

I'm trying to decide if its worthwhile updating.