Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

When I install openssh-server I get the following error:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/ssh# /usr/sbin/sshd
Unable to load host key "/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key": invalid format
Unable to load host key: /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key

The format of the key looks OK to me.

I have deleted the keys many times and reinstalled without success.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Yeah, these are the new packages folks have been looking for. I'll go ahead and enable and give it a rip. Will report back.

I had to disable them options just for the firmware to compile though.

Mine just completed with them enabled to 'M'. I noticed they were set to Module out of the box, so I toggled them off, saved, and then back to 'M' and saved again. Try that.

Will do once I have remade the hyper-v image.

Edit: My Hyper-V image has been remade, i am so glad i made scripts to automate everything such as installing the needed stuff, make the webserver run after setting configs up for it with sed god i love that command. Just now running the git pull and customisation runs and will be rebuilding pretty soon once the whole downloading is completed so will let you know ASAP of the result.

1 Like

Hi, I need to know, is this build support for 3G/4G usb modem?? Because when I read from online reviews, the original firmware not support the usb modem..

OpenWRT firmware will support 3G/4G USB modems.

For example look here: Wwan Huawei E8372

So long as the USB modem is supported in Linux in theory it should work in OpenWRT, it doesn't matter what router your using.

OK, thanks for answer my question, now I can decide to buy one of this router..

I have a very specific problem, I don't know if someone here could help me but that's my best bet.
Every new firmware since r10899-1c0290c5cc, my Surface Pro 5 wifi speed is absolutely terrible, both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Every other device, including PC's and mobile phones, work great, it's just my Surface Pro 5 which works horrible. If I wasn't clear, the last version which worked absolutely fine is r10899-1c0290c5cc. I keep trying every new firmware upgrade since, then check the Wifi speed, then revert back to the second partition which consists r10899-1c0290c5cc. I tried reset to factory settings - same specific problem with my Surface.
I'm out of ideas, tried everything. I don't have any idea what changed since r10899-1c0290c5cc which destroyed the Wifi performance on my surface.
Forgot to mention that I have the Linksys wrt32x router.

For my Huaweii Hilink 4G USB modem (E3372), I had to do this again for this new build (it was previously working with an earlier build when I did the same thing)-
opkg update
opkg install kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether usb-modeswitch

Then it detects the "ethernet" port that the USB modem presents (I haven't managed to force it to "stick/modem" mode yet, is a challenge to get the correct f/w versions to downgrade it to that, and hilink/ethernet mode works enough to be somewhat useful as a secondary WAN connection when the stupid NBN temporarily dies).

after adding the CDC driver, dmesg shows
[298296.825415] usb 2-1: USB disconnect, device number 3
[298297.583417] usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 4 using xhci-hcd
[298297.775143] cdc_ether 2-1:1.0 eth2: register 'cdc_ether' at usb-f10f8000.usb3-1, CDC Ethernet Device, 0c:5b:8f:27:ab:cd

Personally, I would be very concerned putting all internet traffic through USB. That is with the Factory Firmware or OpenWrt.

What kind of internet connection to do you have?

I am using 3G modem, Huawei E173..

Right now HG553 is my router, and want upgrade to WRT32X or WRT1900ACS..

Have you updated the drivers on your Surface Pro?

If you have, then it could be caused by a version bump in mac80211, but to test it you'd need to try using OpenWrt's 19.07-rc2 build for the WRT32X instead of David's.

19.07 is using mac80211-4.19 while master is on mac80211-5.4-rc8.

Nothing has changed from the driver side for mwlwifi since December 2018 apart from a patch so that it could still work with mac80211-5.3. However, mac80211 and hostapd have been constantly updated to support new features (which may break a few things on mwlwifi).

The Surface gets driver updates directly from Microsoft through the "Windows Update".
The date is 09 August.
What do you recommend me to try now?

Try the official OpenWrt 19.07-rc2 firmware: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.0-rc2/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/openwrt-19.07.0-rc2-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt32x-squashfs-factory.img

It uses an older mac80211 package. If that doesn't work, I don't know how else to help :confused:

Should I use this img or a sysupgrade one?
Because I have OpenWRT on both partitions.

Thank you for the help!

The sysupgrade one here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.0-rc2/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/openwrt-19.07.0-rc2-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt32x-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Yeah I figured.
Unfortunately it's the same super slow transfer speed.
I tried reset to default and start fresh, same thing. This is so weird.

A post was split to a new topic: How restrict forwarding rule, only from LAN and OpenVPN?

Right with the two vpn items enabled with Module OOTB it still failed to compile on a Clean OS install and git pull,was still getting them errors about reclusive.

So i have now disabled them again and will enable them after the build is compile and try building again.

Edit: either way it's still not compiling which is strange will be doing a debug run tonight.

1 Like