Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

You don't lose Ipv6, on 8964 chip you lose everything, I read on the mwlwifi driver that the data path in the firmware is broken, so 802.11w is a no go until fixed in firmware.

@davidc502 did you have issues compiling?, i found the issue is not down to the vpn additions but LUCI-SSL dependencies that can not be satisfied for LUCI again. Just running a verbose run now to reconfirm it after remaking the .config from scratch again.

Actually, no issues compiling from last Saturday the 4th.

I'll build from scratch and see what it does tonight.

Thanks bud, retrying now myself.

it finished successfully.

1 Like

Strange. Ok thanks for testing bud. Back to the drawing board.

I had the exact same problem on surface book with the latest David builds and openwrt 19 RC2
The problem does not occur on openwrt 18 or openwrt 19RC1. So im happy with openwrt 19RC1 now. The issue should be fixed though!

1 Like

Hi!

WRT1900AC V1.

How to disable Energy Efficient Ethernet and enable Flow Control on switch?

I recently upgraded from an old build of davids from around the beginning of 2019. I have started noticing some weird issues with deauthenticaion on the 5GHz band.

I get a bunch of this in the log and my google homes for example seem to lose connection continuously

Thu Jan  9 22:24:39 2020 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 54:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Thu Jan  9 22:24:39 2020 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 54:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 6)
Thu Jan  9 22:24:43 2020 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 20:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Thu Jan  9 22:24:43 2020 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 20:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 7)
Thu Jan  9 22:24:48 2020 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 54:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request
Thu Jan  9 22:24:52 2020 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA 20:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

This keeps going on and on and never stops so most of the time my 5GHz devices are not connected.

This is my wireless conf, I've read that option disassoc_low_ack '0' is supposed to stop this but it doesn't

config wifi-device 'radio0'
	option type 'mac80211'
	option hwmode '11a'
	option country 'DE'
	option path 'soc/soc:pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0'
	option htmode 'VHT80'
	option distance '5'
	option channel '48'
config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
	option device 'radio0'
	option network 'lan'
	option mode 'ap'
	option macaddr '62:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'
	option ssid 'LS_5GHz'
	option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'
	option key 'censored'
	option disassoc_low_ack '0'
        option wpa_strict_rekey '1'
        option wpa_strict_rekey '86400'

After upgrading my WRT3200ACM to 2019-12-29_r11829 I noticed the router thinks my 5.0Ghz radio is not active and no 5.0Ghz devices are connected.

In fact, I have two 5.0Ghz devices connected and working fine.

Has anyone else run into this? Any common fixes?

Same behavior but with 2.4Ghz subnets. I have 3 diferents SSIDs in 2.4Ghz band and only the first one appears as active and showing connected clients, but in fact all 3 are active and with clients connected.
This occurs from the last 3 firmware updates

I too run a WRT3200ACM, but did not have this issue on the last build. I have from time to time had this issue on previous builds, usually with the radio0, and after restoring my archive backup file (my configs from the previous build). To resolve I simply navigate to the Wireless settings and click on Restart the affected radio. That typically does the trick.

See my response to bluonek.

Restarting the radio or even rebooting the entire router doesn't work for me

Hello @davidc502,
Thanks for the builds!

For some reason Port Forwarding is not working for me.
I have tried flashing without keeping the settings, going to "DHCP and DNS" -> "Static Leases" and setting a static ip for the MAC address of my raspberry pi, and then "Firewall" -> "Port Forwards" and creating the forwarding rule.
The static lease is working fine, but the Port forward is not.

I had to go back to your build for 4.19.69, here the port forwarding works fine.

Can someone test this or tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

For the Firewall - Zone Settings, what is the setting for the Wan Zone for Forwarding?

Lan => Wan accept all

1 - From the drop-downs in the Firewall - Zone Settings section at the top, select:
Input: accept
Output: accept
Forward: reject

2 - For the Zone > Forwardings in the Zones section, set:
lan > wan: Input: accept, Output: accept, Forward: accept
wan > reject: Input: drop, Output: accept, Forward: drop

3 - Click the Save & Apply button at the bottom.

You should restart the router. That should do it.

1 Like

I have all that already, except the drop instead of reject in the wan => reject, I changed that but it didn't work, no port forward.

I've just uploaded new builds to the server. We have some kernel bumps and various bug fixes.

Wifi driver code has not changed in over 12 months.

Thank you for @solidus1983 for the opentomato default theme!

Kernel version = 4.19.93
WiFi driver = 10.3.8.0-20181210
Build = r11962

3 Likes