Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

No glue then sorry.

Thank you, friend

wrt3200 looks like a wifi superhero - but these antennas are garbage or fake (or both). Even wrt1200 kicks wrt3200's ass.

New builds have been uploaded to the server. We've had various kernel bumps and other fixes over the past 3 weeks. I've held off building sooner as I've been in communication with @solidus1983 about some various LuCi-theme issues that needed to be fixed first.

Kernel version = 4.19.91
WiFi driver = 10.3.8.0-20181210
Build = r11829

https://dc502wrt.org/

4 Likes

Tell me about it lol, just a heads up of known issues with the theme. Status -> Firewall buttons are not aligned and the original background setup is missing. Network -> Diagnostics all test do not show like it does on system log / kernel log i.e black box and white writing. This is not to do with the theme however the major changes going on with Luci.

2 Likes

Thank you for your Great builds! Compiled even on holidays, with New Year Eve just around the corner! Also for the nicest default theme, OpenTomato. Years back original Tomato builds were having the most functional Web access UI for the routers.

Hope you got some nice end of 2019 holidays. Looking for more new, fresh cutting edge builds from the latest OpenWrt code in 2020!

3 Likes

I am using wrt1200ac and wrt32x Davidc502 builds that have usb 3.0 hard drives mounted and shared via SMB. The last two David builds HTOP cpu percentages of smbd are averaging over 75% and reaching 100% often when transferring files. Not sure if it's affecting network traffic, but would assume so. Any advice of controlling the peaks of smdb?

Thanks in advance for any help. Also, thanks David for your great builds. Happy New Year!

1 Like

Thanks once more David, it is wonderful having these builds! Best wishes for 2020

1 Like

I never see 100% on my wrt1200ac via esata and F2FS+ssd, so usb is adding some overhead. The new smbd-server (renamed from cifsd) has around 10-15% lower CPU usage if you just want a simple fileserver, its in my feed.

I also added a UCI option for procd niceness, which "should" help on those 100% situations:

config procd 'extra'
	option samba_nice '3'

PS: Than a slight overclock might work, but not sure if the chips are unlocked.

HINT: Also make sure that on your Win10 clients smb3.1.1 is actually negotiated,
via powershell Get-SmbConnection. Thats because smb3 is more efficient, compared to 2.0/1.

Just upgraded and just in case for those using dnscrypt-proxy I wasn't getting DNS resolution. A quick check of the logs showed:

Wed Jan  1 20:20:30 2020 daemon.err dnscrypt-proxy[8282]: [2020-01-01 20:20:30] [FATAL] open whitelist.txt: no such file or directory
Wed Jan  1 20:20:30 2020 daemon.info procd: Instance dnscrypt-proxy::instance1 s in a crash loop 7 crashes, 10 seconds since last crash

Simply creating:

/etc/dnscrypt-proxy2/whitelist.txt

and restart dnsycrypt-proxy made it work.

On a separate note. Is /etc/config/dnscrypt-proxy required since the config is in /etc/dnscrypt-proxy2/dnscrypt-proxy.toml?

Thanks again David for all the work on this great build of openwrt.

I upgraded my WRT1200AC from whatever version was current Sept. 28 2019, to the preset 2019-12-29 version. Once rebooted my wan interface (eth0) came back with a new MAC address - from C1:56:27... to C0:56:27... I suspect my wlan interfaces also changed, as Little Snitch (firewall on my Mac) doesn't recognize my access point any more.

Not a huge deal for me, but wanted to mention this in case I wasn't the only one.

Upgraded to Davidc502 latest build R11829 20191229 and have a small cosmetic issue.

I am using the "Bootstrap" Theme on a WRT3200ACM.

In "Status-Routes" ARP table it displays "%lo" at the end of some of the IPv4-Addresses. This has never happened before. I do not know why a particular IP has this exta text at the end.

All seems to work OK so it may be a Luci display issue.

@davidc502

@Strangi just posted that his VPN Policy Based Routing packages will be now in master and 19.07 branches and should be installable from the official repos.

Will these be part of your builds in the future?

Do this have any effect on these builds?

option flow_offloading '1'
option flow_offloading_hw '1'

Its a LUCI display issue, there was a few changes made, it even broke most themes as well in other ways.
However if you clear the cache of LUCI or simply reboot the router or even refresh the page it fixes itself.

1 Like

Not even sure the SOC and switches support it, however you could backup your current config and test it out.

Tried reboot before and it did not help. Refresh page in Chrome did not work.

What seems to work is I deleted all LUCI "cache" files and directory in "/tmp".

Thanks.

*** Edit: Spoke too soon, issue returned after a few minutes.

Glad the /tmp clear helped. Just making a new build to see what's been broken and or fixed.

Edit: replying to your edit, dam will let you know how the new build does.

I will take a look at this tomorrow morning and add them.

Thanks

David

@davidc502 , just to let you know if your going to recompile it would see there is an issue somewhere with the master branch been trying for days on a known working .config to rebuild on my personal system and the builds are failing.

Some of the errors are to do with recursive dependencies too. Thought i'd give you a heads up.

Found the issue that's causing it

CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-vpn-policy-routing=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-vpnbypass=m