I posted a post like this back in february. My goal was to bridge the internet from my Router to my switch via LAN. I was succsessful in doing so and everything worked fine until today. Somehow my Switch (and other devices i tried) couldn't find an ip address (for whatever reason). I cant reach my router through the webside anymore (so i cant adjust any settings). Here's a list of problems i have:
- Wifi ssid is not visible (Since it only briges through ethernet)
- I tried both a static and dynamic ip addres, but both didnt work
- I tried to connect through Lan port. Normally I'd use a Lan-Port, which is not the "Internet" (yellow) Port on the Router, so it just bridges the internet to my PC. In the past it worked just fine, but it didnt work somehow
I also tried it through wifi, but I get no signal from wifi, cause its not a repeater
- My PC has internet access and i can get ip addresses(cmd -> ipconfig), but if i try to search them with Google Chrome, I dont get to the interface. It only say "Sorry, we couldnt find your page". I did try to give the PC a static idress through window+r -> ncpa.cpl, but it made no difference.
- I have no idea how to reset the ip address, since i cant get access to the Router. If a Factory reset is possible, I could try that.
Since nothing is working for me, im defenelty willing to reset my Router if neccessary.