Builds for NETGEAR WNR1000V2, WNR1000V2-VC, WNR612v2, WPN824N, WNR2000v3, EX2700

The link has probably been deleted, could you please reupload it somewhere? I will test it and have feedback.

I hope, the author will post an new build, based on a fresh release 19.07.4, because several people have successfully tested the previous 19.07.3 build.

I just updated the link, now available. Thanks for testing.

Hi Lucky, Yes, I'll work on a build for 19.07.4 later this month, will be available in November.

1 Like

Hi everyone, is there any topic to upgrade the chip from 4mb to more?

Any chance of a 19.07.x build for the 612v2 with SQM, maybe at the expense of PPP or IPv6? 18.06.5 seems to be working fine so far up to ~50Mb/s. Better question might be is there any real benefit to going to 19.07.x purely for an SQM/cake bridge setup(enhancements, etc)? Thanks for all the work!

I uploaded new test builds of 19.07.4 for all models, features include PPP, Relayd, LuCi, IPv6. Please flash and report back on performance and stability.

I've also consolidated all previous builds for 17.01, 18.06, and 19.07 into one zip file for all models, listed above as "Stable Builds".

You're welcome. I don't think you'll see much, if any, additional performance benefit with SQM on 19.07 on these models. It uses more RAM and the CPU of the router barely keeps up on faster connections. In many cases, the connection can actually be slower under SQM due to RAM/CPU limits.

You're welcome to compile a version on your own if you want to test. You can use the config file in my version as a basis to get started.

Now available, let me know how well it works for you.

1 Like

19.07.4 now available.

1 Like

Successfully flashed the router. During the week I will use as the main.
Thanks for the build.

1 Like

Is it just me or is the link to the new test builds of 19.07.4 just a zip of 17.01.7, 18.06.8, and 19.07.3? I'm happy to test 19.07.4 but am afraid to say I can't find the link to it.

Hmm, unsure, the link is OK. Try refreshing the page or flushing your browser cache. Regardless, here is the link for 19.07.4.

1 Like

Thanks! Just flashed and working great!

1 Like

I think, he meant that the link is attached to the wrong text in the post above :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @jlpapple!
Do you plan (in future), to migrate from ar71xx to the ath79 and make builds on fresh target for devices from this topic or is it not worth it?

Yes, I plan on migrating to ath79 for OpenWRT 20.XX, if there are not firmware size constraints.

1 Like

Now there are automatic builds for the new target and 19.07 release, but the size is too large. Maybe it makes sense to try on the current release and not wait for a new one?

I just signed up for an account so I could thank you. I've been using your builds in my -VC router for about a year now. They have all worked fine. I just now downloaded and installed 19.07.4 and it is also working perfectly. Thank you so much for doing this for all of us!

From looking at the download numbers, do you have any guesses about how many people are using your builds?

Thanks again.

1 Like

You're welcome. Thank you for leaving a comment too, as it keeps me motivated to maintain this project. I get frustrated when perfectly usable hardware is discarded because the software is no longer maintained by the manufacturer, as these Atheros AR7240 based routers are remarkably reliable - and can remain secure - with OpenWRT firmware.

I believe there have been about 1,200 cumulative downloads since June 2019, but I'm unsure how many individual users might be using the firmware.

2 Likes