Buildroot usage resolving errors > automake-1.15+archlinux

make[4]: Entering directory '/home/server/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/automake-1.15'
: && /bin/mkdir -p doc && { PATH='/home/server/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/automake-1.15/t/wrap:'$PATH && export PATH; } && /home/server/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin/perl ./doc/help2man --output=doc/automake-1.15.1 automake-1.15
help2man: can't get `--help' info from automake-1.15
Try `--no-discard-stderr' if option outputs to stderr
Makefile:3687: recipe for target 'doc/automake-1.15.1' failed
make[4]: *** [doc/automake-1.15.1] Error 255
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/server/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/automake-1.15'
Makefile:65: recipe for target '/home/server/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/automake-1.15/.built' failed
make[3]: *** [/home/server/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/automake-1.15/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/server/openwrt/feeds/packages/devel/automake'
time: package/feeds/packages/automake/compile#0.31#0.07#0.39
package/Makefile:107: recipe for target 'package/feeds/packages/automake/compile' failed
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/automake/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/server/openwrt'
package/Makefile:103: recipe for target '/home/server/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/server/openwrt/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/server/openwrt'
/home/server/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:216: recipe for target 'world' failed
make: *** [world] Error 2
2 Likes

I can see your initial question has been answered in the opkg_install_cmd thread... may as well keep this one for any additional issues you have...

( updated the title + buildroot usage resolving errors )

feel free to keep adding any questions with your experience here...

may I ask... did you really want "all ipk's"? why?

1 Like

Sory me spam
Plis delete

yes i want to make all ipk files, because i want to implement it in my mod rom router

and I have another problem that I posted here

well... "all" ipk's will set you back roughly;

1. 3$ each time you build from scratch in power costs...
  2. 750MB+ worth of files to move each time you build....
  3. 99.7% greater chance of encountering a build error

... ( and you'd only ever use less than 1% of them )

so as a solution its impracticable even if easily enabled......

Some beginner options....;

OPTION1

keep a cumulative diff file
  1. keep running ./scripts/diffconfig >> ../diffcumulative
  2. once in a while cat ../diffcumulative | grep -v 'CONFIG_TARGETETCETC' | sort | uniq > ../diffcumulative.uniq

( this is just a basic principle... you need to apply based on your needs )

so after a few weeks / months... you end up with a decent list of anything you've ever selected

OPTION2
only build kmods you need.... then use the repo's for other packages...

OPTION3
use imagebuilder or stable
( recommended at your level at least for real world usage... you can always tinker with the buildroot on the side ... knowledge of it it helps when using image builder )

Finally, when you get errors... spend time reading all documentation and trying to fix errors yourself... expect to have to go back to square one many times.... start small and slowly add skills... rather than trying something overly adventurous to begin with.... following this advice will solve most issues you come across.

2 Likes

Thanks beutiful tutorial

I went back the latest stable last night after I bricked my device by installing a module with the "--force-depends" option because it had a slightly different vermagic string. Another issue with building from the GitHub repo is that you may have difficulties finding versions of packages that are compatible with your kernel. The link @anon50098793 provided is a great read and covers most of the basics regarding building from the repo and what the vermagic string is and why it is important.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.