Build for WRT3200ACM (Discontinued)

Potentially later this weekend, we are about to head out to the auto show. So today I won't have any time.

1 Like

Any channel between 51-148 just wouldn't work at most the network would become visible and I could try to connect and it would immediately disconnect. I thought using the scan button might help it along but that was just me not realizing what you meant. I waited for around 10 minutes several times in between gaming. I think there is a stingray near my house and there is also an airport a ways off.

You're naming pretty much all the DFS channels :slight_smile:

I know that was my point lol

:heart_eyes:

Man I didn't even realize how little space is going to be left for different AP's. Just a couple more 5ghz AP's in my area and wifi is pretty screwed, WTH 'Murica I don't even want to think about everyone running 160mhz AP's.

Thanks, 2.4GHZ at N, auto width 40, it picked channel 11, 5ghz at AC, auto, width 80 and it picked channel 149. Up for more than a day now without reboot, fingers crossed for it to last longer.

Stable branch, right?

r3003 stable branch. I noticed that wan (internet) LED does not work after flashing to this firmware, reboot did not solve it but I turned off router for a minute or two and turned it back on and the LED is now working. One last thing, I left firewall setting as is, do I need to change anything? I am a noob so please excuse me.

Most of us set the channel number rather then using auto. What can happen is the router will choose a channel that is not available in the country you are in and then you cannot connect wirelessly. Example being channel 13 in the USA. Not allowed. Setting the channel number prevents oddities from happening.

This can't happen if you correctly set the region code for your router/ AP. What can happen however, is your router supporting (and subsequently choosing) more legal channels than some of your clients, resulting in pretty much the same dilemma.

Default firewall rules are very good out of the box. No adjustments should be needed to be protected.

Either way, I always recommend setting a static channel. It also avoids the "I get disconnected" type messages, when the router decides to switch channels, then the clients have to drop and reconnect.

Thanks, I'll assign the channels.

Hey buddy, did you happen to have a chance to test the samba share speed? If not, I get it, just asking.

Was it a good autoshow? :wink:

Under Link Layer Adaptation:

Which link layer to account for: "ATM: (ADSL, etc.)"
Per Packet Overhead (byte): 44
These settings didn't make much difference on my cable connection (comcast) - but with ATT Fiber - it's significant with respect to the upload buffer bloat...

Sorry to bring this up this late, but that does not make much sense. What ATM effectively will do is take care of ATMs 48/53 framing and the odd AAL5 quirk that each payload package will be encapsulated into an integer number of ATM cells. For large packets that is just an opaque way of reducing the bandwidth by 100-100*48/53 = 9.43%. So I would rather open-code this reduction as the ATM mode will wreak havoc with your goodput if you use certain small packet sizes. Setting the per-packet overhead correctly however makes a lot of sense if you want to run a shaper close to the actual link rate. But preferably you deduce the actual overhead somehow empirically (which for ATM is relatively simple, but for anything else much trickier, sometimes your ISP might be willing to tell you). For the record, I can almost guarantee that your true overhead is << 44 bytes, so this change just as the ATM LLA also effectively is an opaque way of giving the shaper a bit more lee-way. If you are still interested in getting to the bottom of that I would recommend setting LLA to ethernet and overhead to 38 (this assumes your 1Gbps is actually ethernet gross rate from which you will need to deduct the ethernet pre-amble & interframe gap & frame check sequence, as well as the 14 bytes traditional ethernet overhead (ethertype, src and dst MAC addresses) if ATT used PPPoE (they should not) add 8 more bytes, if they use a VLAN add 4 more bytes. Now start with 900000 as egress bandwidth and slowly increase until bufferbloat comes back... In essence this should still get you a working uplink shaper, but with less apparent magic required tp explain the actual function...

Best Regards

Sorry Koldur, I have not. Another busy day today, and tomorrow is back to work.

Auto show was same as it is every year. TOO MUCH for 1 day, I only make it halfway through and then am ready to go home :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the additional notes/detail. I'll go back and try your suggestions later this week (slammed with work) and report back my findings...

I'm trying to install the wireguard kernel module while on the r3003-STABLE build, assuming there shouldn't be any kernel conflicts, and yet I'm getting the following. How do I workaround this? Thanks!

root@LEDE-AQUARIUS:/lib/modules/4.4.42# opkg install kmod-wireguard
Installing kmod-wireguard (4.4.42+0.0.20170115-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01-SNAPSHOT/targets/mvebu/generic/packages/kmod-wireguard_4.4.42+0.0.20170115-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk.
Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-wireguard:
  •  kernel (= 4.4.42-1-ea4f7886edbd2957e9c92896ba0365a4) *  kernel (= 4.4.42-1-ea4f7886edbd2957e9c92896ba0365a4) *  kernel (= 4.4.42-1-ea4f7886edbd2957e9c92896ba0365a4) *  kernel (= 4.4.42-1-ea4f7886edbd2957e9c92896ba0365a4) *

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-wireguard.
    root@LEDE-AQUARIUS:/lib/modules/4.4.42#

[quote="Tusc, post:305, topic:545"]
I'm trying to install the wireguard kernel module while on the r3003-STABLE build, assuming there shouldn't be any kernel conflicts, and yet I'm getting the following. How do I workaround this?
[/quote]By overriding the dependency check with the opkg option "--force-depends":
opkg install --force-depends kmod-wireguard

There is a rather strict checksum based on kernel options used in compilation. As buildbot builds all kernel modules, the checksum is different than in a private build. In practice you should not install kmods to a private build, but build everything by yourself and include the kmods in compilation. Dependency check can be overridden, but that can be dangerous and you may brick the router. There may be some incompatibility after all...

Ps. this is one of the most common questions related to a private build.

1 Like