Build for WRT3200ACM (Discontinued)

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out this weekend. Nice work there.

Did the stock firmware flash dance over again without the modem plugged in, 5ghz works again, I'm on the latest 17.01 SNAPSHOT r3059 Looks like 5ghz breaks if you change the wifi channel from 36, that's a shame considering anyone elses 5ghz router defaults to that, I have 1 neighbor with 36.

I am not sure that is a true picture. I am on channel 149 for example..... I have my fingers crossed your radio is not going out, keep an eye on it.

I hope not, either way looks like the wifi driver has a ways to go still, speedtest sitting next to the router 70mbps for 5ghz almost 40mbps for 2.4ghz

You keep pointing the finger, but I am not so sure the issue is the software (and not your router itself). Again, here on my side I can change 5ghz channels, and I can easily max out my entire link connection over 5ghz band.

And if you have neighboring devices on the same 5ghz channel, you will want to change to a clean channel to avoid noise.

Are you outside of your return/exchange period?

@JDC2389 It sounds like you are running into the same "issue" that was posted here: Wifi channel issue 5Ghz WNDR4300 - #4 by bladeoner

Please check that thread out and confirm that 5ghz is working fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did the scan, it shows two other home 5ghz networks then I back out and try to connect and it won't connect with anything on 5ghz. If I switch it back to channel 36 it connects right away, hmm. Channel 149 works too. "FCC approved a new ruleset for 5 GHz device operation (called the "New Rules"), which adds 160 and 80 MHz channel identifiers, and re-enables previously prohibited DFS channels, in Publication Number 905462.[21] This FCC publication eliminates the ability for manufacturers to have devices approved or modified under the Old Rules in phases; the New Rules apply in all circumstances as of June 2, 2016" If the weather radar or military is restricting the in between channels they aren't listing any ssids lol.

I am having trouble with my wrt1900ac v1, kongs ddwrt, gargoyle will reboot by itself with 24 hours (shortest in 3 hours) so far david's LEDE r2695 last the longest 17 days. I hope your build will solve my problem otherwise I have to switch back to the moded ea6900. By the way which wifi driver are you using on your r3003 stable build?

Thanks for your hard work.

What do you mean exactly? The scan isn't something you do manually. You will have to wait once setting a DFS channel.

1. Is the SSID visible, but you cannot connect? Or is the SSID not visible?

2. And once you've selected a DFS channel that isn't working at the moment, and then apply the settings, how long did you wait before concluding it wasn't working?

Thank you for your work, great build! Installed on wrt1200ac v2, and it's working without issues for 2 days now.

For some reason, in all the stable versions, copying files over samba shares is locked in at 2MB/s max, while it used to be at full blast (around 70MB/s). I copy files from my Linksys WRT1200AC over to my PC and the other way around, both are very slow.
Do you see the same thing happening?

I assume you are on WIFI (2.4 or 5ghz) and not over the LAN? What is your LAN to LAN transfer rate? What type USB device are you using, and what format is it. Recommended file system type being ext2 or even better ext4.

Nope, not using Wi-Fi, using LAN, something is not right at my end. Reverted back to 1.31 version, there I get the usual LAN speeds.

And that changes the behavior for you? (that's strange as the general package list I am using is common across the builds, with a small change here and there. Only real changes are happening against the master branch where all the dev's are working)

[quote="apvm, post:276, topic:545, full:true"]By the way which wifi driver are you using on your r3003 stable build?

Thanks for your hard work.
[/quote]
The latest driver 10.3.2.0-20170110

I have had this happening in the past on OpenWRT, there it was a setting in the network. It is with a W10 PC, rebooted everything, though that didn't help a thing. Probably a problem with the Samba package. All the recent builds you pushed out, the stables and latest beta, have the problem in my situation.

Make sure your using an ext2 / 4 formatted device in the router. That will at least alleviate any "driver" type issue, as NTFS is not native to unix, ext is.

Then it would only be down to the devices on your network, and making sure they are configured correctly.

Using EXT4 and fschecked it with a Linux workstation. I am pretty sure it is a problem with the latest SAMBA package or config of it. Did you happen to have the ability to check it yourself maybe?

Potentially later this weekend, we are about to head out to the auto show. So today I won't have any time.

1 Like

Any channel between 51-148 just wouldn't work at most the network would become visible and I could try to connect and it would immediately disconnect. I thought using the scan button might help it along but that was just me not realizing what you meant. I waited for around 10 minutes several times in between gaming. I think there is a stingray near my house and there is also an airport a ways off.