Build for Linksys EA9500

getting some poor download speeds

910.763413 Mbit/s 956.764815 Mbit/s orginal fw

482.403054 Mbit/s 575.224513 Mbit/s this build

That sucks.

Hopefully the bugs that ncomplete reported are fixed.....

Can all 8 LAN ports talk to each other on yours?

I have created a bug report for snapshot builds:
https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=4055

Legend! :grinning:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

what do you get on 20210809 ?

Anyone have radio2 drop? When the firmware is loaded for the first time (20210809) it works but it eventually dies, it doesn't broadcast and it never comes back (disable/enable, reboot, etc.)

Thx all u are on … hopfully we get right

Fixing dL and upload

Thanks for the bug report, but I might be wrong or it will be there forever lost as many others for this Broadcom platform... :frowning:

The stable 21.02.0 release is fine or should be avoided also?

I've had all radios drop. But all are able to be disabled/reenabled and then they work. There is significant randomness to when they drop, and it's never all 3 at the same time, so I'm always able to get connected and cycle them back on. The second 5GHz radio tends to drop significantly more often than the others. The 2GHz radio drops the least. I've been very satisfied with the build on the top of this page, especially the February build, compared to the Linksys Firmware.

Same - 20210809 works great.

Hesitant to try an official build as the nightly borked the router. Hopefully we can try when the bugs are squashed

I rolled it back to the 20210215 firmware and it has been rock solid on all three radios. I will stay here for now.

1 Like

For the interested, here is the discussion related to bug I posted few days ago:

https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/2b1dc053-8c9a-e3e4-b450-eecdfca3fe16@gmail.com/t/

2 Likes

Thank you for continuing to fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this info!
In my case roaming worked much better with encryption set to WPA ( AES ), and my other aps (not broadcom) to wpa/wpa2 mixed.

@npcomplete , would you mind giving a hand into enabling the advanced reboot app on this router, here, please?

@npcomplete - I think I've asked before, but should newer firmwares support all 8 ports talking to each other?

They definitely do not talk to each other on 20210809 for me....

I noticed the official release bug was fixed!

This should be fixed by the commit b2cfed48f62622efa8577372942bbc268afe4677 ("Revert "swconfig: fix Broadcom b53 support"").

Anyone tried it yet?

Thanks to @npcomplete !

1 Like

Yes the bug is squashed, however the second switch (bcm53125) is no longer detectable. Hence, we should move back to DSA. Check @rmilecki 's comments on the bug report.