Build for Linksys EA9500

Once you are on openwrt, you can flash regular openwrt images.

If you want to create your own .img files from trx:

1. Append 256 byte trailer (copy from factory img)
  2. Change yellow = hex cksum of the .trx file
  3. Change green = hex start offset of root fs minus 0x1d (for openwrt always 0x03FFFE3)

1 Like

Thank you, I'll give it a try tonight.

I thought flashing through UI(stock or openwrt) will always write to the other partition so I didn't flash anything through openwrt before. I always switch to the stock rom and flash there :frowning: So actually it is:

• flash from stock rom, will write to the other partition and will boot to the other partition.
  • flash from openwrt will write to current partition and boot to current partition?

So, I've tried 2019-06-19 & 2019-03-15 firmware, I can only get 50mb/s on both firmware, even ssh to the router and try wget in the router is same capped to 50mb/s.

I then tried 2018-11-27 but can't get it working since my ISP requires VLAN tag 10 on the WAN port, by setting the physical address to 'wan.10' seems doesn't work in this firmware :frowning:

And, I also found that the 5Ghz 1 is broken on my router(surprise this is a brand new router). I created 2 different SSIDs for the 2 5Ghz band, both of them shows strong signal and can be easily connected to by wireless devices, but devices on 5Ghz 1 can not access the internet, when 'ping' a host shows huge delay and timeouts, while the 5Ghz 2 is working fine. It happens on both openwrt and stock firmware, no matter which channel I choose, :tired_face:

Try factory reset from openwrt

I am using Unlocator DNS 185.37.37.37 Everthing was working fine then I must have messed something up. Now ESPN doesn't work and I am unable to access my PLEX server on my network. Other people can access my PLEX outside my network, but not in my home. They may or may not be related. I know the ESPN is related to a router setting. I flashed an old back up and it was working fine, but I had to flash it back because there were too many other issues with that backup. Can someone be of assistance? Do I need to upload a log or setting file?
I am on
OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r10256-aa3f9736ea / LuCI Master (git-19.069.61084-db98461)
Kernel Version 4.19.52

Is it safe to assume this won't work properly on EA9500 v2?

Did any one tried this on a router with a reboot loop issue?

I am still trying to find out this weird problem with my router.
All my devices are connected to the same network. and my Plex is on my PC connected to my router via LAN, My smart TVs no longer find Plex.server if is connected via LAN, but if I turn LAN off and connect via WIFI, the TV is able to find my PLEX server. What setting could this be in my router. Other than that, NETFLIX and other apps work fine on the TVs regardless off LAN or Wifi. The TVs don't seem to be abl to find my server on my PC via LAN.

I reset my router to factory settings and I am still having the same issues

Hi First of all i would like to thank you for the work you are doing .. I am a newbie and tbh i am deciding if i would like to buy a wrt3200acm or the ea9500 .I own a wrt3200 in one of my homes and after a few quirks configuring ddwrt is perferming quite well and reliably
Then I would like to make you a few questions
Openwrt is just for the v1 (and v1.1) hw version right ?
Is the openwrt firmware version you compiled reliable in your opinion ?
Can you pls explain the process (step by step idiot proof) for nonUS units to install openwrt without opening the unit via a simple upload from the stock webui ?
Am i understanding correctly if

a: copy the first 256 bytes from the stock linksys image
b: then the checksum of the resulting image (including the trailing 256 bytes)
c: here is coming fog .. how to find the hex start offset of root fs ? (of the same trx with the trailing 256 bytes right ? )

and this phrase of yours means

"If you have non-US version, you could flash the openwrt without opening the unit. However, to directly flash via Linksys webui, you will need a modified version of the openwrt firmware. The modified version will have a 256 byte trailer. This has the hardware version, firmware crc checksum and Linksys signature. Most of the bytes are empty."

you have to install openwrt directly uploading the modified trx from the stock ui using the second image correct ?

Thanks for your answers

1 Like

You try this from Linksys web UI, then perform factory reset from openwrt UI.

Then I would suggest performing re-flashing .trx

mtd write /path/to/openwrt.trx firmware

Then reboot

There is a known issue, only ports 4,7,8 can talk to each other. Same with ports 1,2,3,5,6

Check your ports.

1 Like

thanks a lot another question (maybe if it exists you can give me a faq link) ..
the file you gave me is an .img
where i will find the openwrt.trx one ?

Francesco

Is something like a 'spontaneous' vlan ? Is it a openwrt bug this build bug or a linksys 'feature' ?

Thank you, can you please explain hiw i do that?

afaik since the anomaly discussed before you should connect the hosts you wanto to comunicate between in one of the two groups of rj45 connectors

or the group 4,7,8
or the group 1,2,3,5,6

if you have more than 5 hosts you are out of luck :)(

Usb devices seem to be detected when plugged in but don't show in /dev

Hi,

First time installation still needs cable? Is everyhting
working? Both 5ghz radios ?

Almost buying one,

Thank's

Yes and Yes. You won't be disappointed.

Is there a way to shrink that tempfs partition at all? I am looking to have a bit more space for the additional apps and possibly doing my own build.